What would Africa's political map have looked like right now if it wasn't for colonialism?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Did you read the creator's reasoning/justification behind his choices in making the map?

If by Afrocentric you mean "African-centered" I wouldn't really disagree though.
I think that I previously read it but I don't fully remember what he wrote. Thus, I should look at it again.

By "Afrocentric," I meant that it focuses on geography from an African perspective--for instance, by having the globe be upside down on this map.

Feb 2014
Miami
FTR, here's a map of Africa in 1880:

France's invasion of Algeria is real easy to prevent. Just avoid having the Algerian Dey be an ass and Algeria should be good. The Dey's stupidity resulted in a lot of unnecessary suffering for his people as a result of his actions bringing the French into Algeria for a whopping 132 years.
You are missing a lot of the Southern Africa states!

Attachments

Reactions: Futurist
Feb 2014
Miami
Oh. What other maps did he post on Reddit?
You can go to his main page by clicking his name from the other link i posted. For some reason putting his name as a link here doesn't work.

a lot of the others seem to be time lapse maps focusing on one empire or nation or event

like kurdish nation, ww2 fronts, maurya empire, etc

Dec 2015
Middle East
I think that I previously read it but I don't fully remember what he wrote. Thus, I should look at it again.

By "Afrocentric," I meant that it focuses on geography from an African perspective--for instance, by having the globe be upside down on this map.
There is no upside nor downside in the universe and so it doesn't at all make sense to talk about an "upside down" map. Although it's good to know that every time Africa is on top, that makes it "Afrocentric" and when Europe is on top it's "normal" and in no way Eurocentric.

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
There is no upside nor downside in the universe and so it doesn't at all make sense to talk about an "upside down" map. Although it's good to know that every time Africa is on top, that makes it "Afrocentric" and when Europe is on top it's "normal" and in no way Eurocentric.
Maps are generally "right side up" because the majority of the world's landmass and population are north of the equator. Historically the vast majority of the worlds civilization have been north of the equator as well. This includes Africa itself, as most of its landmass, population and civilizations are/were north of the equator.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
When the Earth is viewed from space, it looks Eurocentric, no?