What would Latvia and Estonia look like after 100 years of German rule?

May 2014
SoCal
Worthy of note is how French largely replaced the regional languages in Brittany, Provence, Alsace, Gascony and other areas. Much of this was done in the last 200 years.
What helped the French was that a majority of the population in their southern regions were still illiterate at the time of the French Revolution, though:

In contrast, there was majority literacy in Latvia and Estonia even in 1897--with the situation very likely being even more favorable to literacy there by 1917:

The map right above shows that Latvia and Estonia were some of the most literate territories in the Russian Empire in 1897.

May 2014
SoCal
Yes. I meant that German would be taught in all the schools such that virtually the entire population could eventually speak, read and write German. They would be German citizens after all. I expect they would also retain Estonian unless the German government suppressed.
Considering that 90% of middle-aged Estonians know Russian in real life, I suspect that there would have likewise been a mass acceptance of German in Latvia and Estonia in this scenario--especially considering that German rule there would have lasted for a century or more as opposed to merely half a century.

May 2014
SoCal
@Gaius Julius Civilis: These two charts might be of interest to you:

https://population.un.org/wup/Country-Profiles/Plots/Latvia/ProportionUrbanRural.svg

https://population.un.org/wup/Country-Profiles/Plots/Estonia/ProportionUrbanRural.svg

Considering that Latvia and Estonia ultimately became urban-majority in real life, I don't see why exactly the same wouldn't have been true in this scenario as well. (The slight dip in urbanization in the 1990s was likely the result of the collapse of Communism and the resulting economic shock.)

May 2014
SoCal
BTW, I want to ask another question about this: How much do you think that Latvia and Estonia would have been hurt by the reduction of their trade with Russia? After all, Russia might be less willing to trade with a Latvia and Estonia that are under German rule than it would with a Latvia and Estonia that are under Russian rule.

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
BTW, I want to ask another question about this: How much do you think that Latvia and Estonia would have been hurt by the reduction of their trade with Russia? After all, Russia might be less willing to trade with a Latvia and Estonia that are under German rule than it would with a Latvia and Estonia that are under Russian rule.
They've lowered trade significantly with Russia since the collapse of the Soviet Union and are doing just fine.