What would the post-war peace treaty have looked like if the US would've went to war against the USSR in the late 1940s and won?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What would the post-war peace treaty have looked like if the US would've went to war against the USSR in the late 1940s and won? I'm specifically interested in the post-war borders in the ex-Soviet space in this scenario but also about other aspects of this peace treaty.

Jun 2017
Connecticut
What would the post-war peace treaty have looked like if the US would've went to war against the USSR in the late 1940s and won? I'm specifically interested in the post-war borders in the ex-Soviet space in this scenario but also about other aspects of this peace treaty.
The answer is probably the reason it didn't happen. Just wouldn't be too different from the current reality. Mostly would have to do with autonomy of Eastern Europe and North Korea I guess but those aren't technically imposing anything on the USSR itself, what directly held Soviet territory would the USA or UK ask for or want? I just don't think there's an answer to that question and if there is something like East Berlin or Kalingrad it's a really sketchy tangible prize for what would have been a horrible war. It wouldn't be ours anyway it would go to West Germany probably.

Our main complaint was that the Soviets were a threat to our hegemony specifically them getting a nuclear weapon. East Germany wouldn't exist either. Just relatively narrow territorial differences to justify the conflict taking place and the Soviets had a compelling argument for taking spoils especially indirectly like they did. In the 1940s especially that wasn't lost on anyone. A winnable WWIII WAS possible as a branching out of the Korean War if MacArthur got his way but if we win again besides unifying Korea and getting Chiang Kai-Shek into China what can we specifically gain territoriality and what can the Soviets lose? Just not that many possible answers to the question I feel.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The West could have dismembered the Soviet Union or at least pushed the Soviet Union back to Russia's real life 1991 borders.

Also, Germany ain't getting Konigsberg. Not after starting a World War because it couldn't control its urges to reacquire the Polish Corridor.