What would you do with your life if you were born in the same place as in real life, but 100 years earlier?

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
France would be a very theoretical thing , my mindscape would have been encompassed within a day mach at most
anything further would be foreigners to be wary off

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
I suppose I would have done the same thing.

The only difference would be there's a lot of chances to end it shot dead.

Probably by the grand father of one of my very good friends of today ...

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I suppose I would have done the same thing.

The only difference would be there's a lot of chances to end it shot dead.

Probably by the grand father of one of my very good friends of today ...
Chance to end what? Your life? Why would they be shot dead?

Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
I would've been born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1837. Since most of my ancestors had not yet migrated to the USA from Norway, Germany and Austria, that would've been impossible. But anyway, if I were born then and there, I would've been vulnerable to be drafted into the army and be killed in the Civil War. I like to think, in that case, I would've had enough sense to flee to Canada, or maybe head west to get out of that situation, ha ha.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
I would've been born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1837. Since most of my ancestors had not yet migrated to the USA from Norway, Germany and Austria, that would've been impossible. But anyway, if I were born then and there, I would've been vulnerable to be drafted into the army and be killed in the Civil War. I like to think, in that case, I would've had enough sense to flee to Canada, or maybe head west to get out of that situation, ha ha.
Many members of the Silent Generation are gone from this dimension already, and I think it would be fortunate to meet one.
What are the major contrasts between people of the Silent Generation and the Baby Boomers?

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Chance to end what? Your life?
me and my family today would be something like

100 years ago, me and my family today could be something like:

or even

Why would they be shot dead?
IDK ... maybe cause it was a bloody war and a bloody occupation all over Belgium?

Maybe germans at the time didn't liked saxophone, so they really disliked Dinant too ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
me and my family today would be something like

100 years ago, me and my family today could be something like:

or even

IDK ... maybe cause it was a bloody war and a bloody occupation all over Belgium?

Maybe germans at the time didn't liked saxophone, so they really disliked Dinant too ?
In regards to the German occupation of Belgium during WWI, as brutal as it was, its death toll wasn't extraordinarily high. It was something like several thousand Belgians dead in total, no? That's certainly a huge tragedy, but it's also something like 0.1% of Belgium's total population.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
In regards to the German occupation of Belgium during WWI, as brutal as it was, its death toll wasn't extraordinarily high. It was something like several thousand Belgians dead in total, no? That's certainly a huge tragedy, but it's also something like 0.1% of Belgium's total population.
Do You think It is a real difference between 0,1% or 98% death toll when You are part of those percentages?

Maybe You noticed that when it comes to a couple of things I have a big mouth. 100 years ago, I think that in a lot of places in Europe, not just in Belgium, that could have been slightly problematic.