What's going on in Venezuela?

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
My advice is: Don’t do it. Especially with someone as unstable as the current pres, it can only lead to disaster and hatred for the US. We need more enemies - after having offended nearly everyone else in the world - .
Venezuela is already our enemy. And I don't care if the world is offended or not. I don't even care what the opinion polls in this country say, and you think I should care about the world? LOLOLOL

like we need more guns in America
And just for that comment, I'm going to buy another gun this weekend. ;)

Another Glock? Another AR15? Maybe a .50 cal sniper rifle. What do you think?

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
A laughing stock... That everyone fears. And complains about. Who nobody has the ability to stop.

Yeah, you guys sure showed them. :p
Is this what we need more of? I doubt it. This overweening aggression and dick-swinging is not only not smart, it’s destructive and ir confirms the feelings of many about US power being out of control.

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Is this what we need more of? I doubt it. This overweening aggression and dick-swinging is not only not smart, it’s destructive and ir confirms the feelings of many about US power being out of control.
Oh noes, we're out of control. Okay, now what? What is the world going to do? Nothing.

China is out of control, what is the world going to do? Nothing.

Russia is out of control, what is the world going to do? Nothing.

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
I don’t know what the current price of a gallon of gasoline is in Europe at the moment, but what I do notice is that the price of a gallon of gasoline around 1930 in the US, is approximately the same as the price of a gallon of gasoline in the US today when adjusted for inflation.
We pay around 1.3 EUR for 1l of gasoline because two thirds of a price is a taxation. Or is it three quarters. Italy is got higher price, 1.4 or so, Austria 1.2. I'm not checking cents so it may be some cents up or down.

pikeshot1600

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Russia is in Europe. Russian military personnel in Venezuela is European interference in the Western Hemisphere. That is a no-no (Cuba; Chile; Nicaragua; Grenada). Two words:

Monroe Doctrine

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Venezuela is already our enemy. And I don't care if the world is offended or not. I don't even care what the opinion polls in this country say, and you think I should care about the world? LOLOLOL

And just for that comment, I'm going to buy another gun this weekend. ;)

Another Glock? Another AR15? Maybe a .50 cal sniper rifle. What do you think?
Knock yourself out, Aggie...

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Knock yourself out, Aggie...
I did. Ended up getting a new Sig 9mm pocket pistol for concealed carry. Now that I bought it, the gun shop will have to order a new one, which means the manufacturer has to keep up with demand and build more. Thus more guns!

Aug 2012
Well, things may be escalating.
The pretender Guaido has appeared near a Venezualan air base, surrounded by soldiers apparently loyal to him, and is calling on the people to get on the streets and support him:
Venezuela: Guaidó pledges end of Maduro in video flanked by soldiers
Hopefully however this ends, it will be non-violent in nature, and the people of Venezuala can be delivered from their suffering. But this could obviously go very wrong very quickly.

Reactions: Edratman

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
Well, things may be escalating.
The pretender Guaido has appeared near a Venezualan air base, surrounded by soldiers apparently loyal to him, and is calling on the people to get on the streets and support him:
Venezuela: Guaidó pledges end of Maduro in video flanked by soldiers
Hopefully however this ends, it will be non-violent in nature, and the people of Venezuala can be delivered from their suffering. But this could obviously go very wrong very quickly.
Hungry people may make extreme responses. What is very wrong in there are Maduro and his mafia.