Whats with all the racism geared twords African history?

Nov 2018
West Covina
Whats with all the racism geared twords African history? It seems to trigger people for some reason despite citing my sources in full detail people Get upset and angry that i even dared to say africans have history they even use the worse arguments to dismiss them like saying they don't count because they traded with non africans so and so weren't true africans or that they were arabs or that they weren't completely below the sahara so they aren't black africans, or they didn't build with stone or they don't count because those current countries are poor now they use blantent double standards why do you think that this is the case?

Jan 2016
United States, MO
I think that there may be many factors involved, but lack of education certainly places a substantial role. In the US, schools have only recently began teaching world history. And Africa is almost always completely absent from any curriculum. Most of what I learned about Africa was from books I read after realizing how little I knew. i also learned a lot by reading our forum here. So, don't get discouraged by the naysayers. Just keep doing the good work.

Nov 2018
West Covina
I think that there may be many factors involved, but lack of education certainly places a substantial role. In the US, schools have only recently began teaching world history. And Africa is almost always completely absent from any curriculum. Most of what I learned about Africa was from books I read after realizing how little I knew. i also learned a lot by reading our forum here. So, don't get discouraged by the naysayers. Just keep doing the good work.
Thank you for the support i was just wondering for the root of this personally when debating these people they use obserd arguments like africans lack abstract thinking or lack a concept of time

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Many of those anti-African racist around here are not American, not even westerners. Anti-African or Anti-Black racism is a thing across many cultures around the world.

Nov 2018
West Covina
Many of those anti-African racist around here are not American, not even westerners. Anti-African or Anti-Black racism is a thing across many cultures around the world.
American Renaissance is an American organization they were the ones propagating the who africans lack abstract thought because of the Zulu language

Feb 2013
Coastal Florida
Debates about Africa and its cultures tend to go toward the extreme. At one end of the spectrum, you have eurocentrics who think everything good about African history was an import of white people and Africans never invented anything for themselves. At the other end, you have an afrocentric point-of-view where everything seen as good was exported from Sub-Saharan Africa. They both try to culturally appropriate what they think will make their side seem great. The best example is probably how Egypt is treated by the two extremes. For decades, people have excoriated eurocentrics for pushing a dynastic race theory (i.e. lighter skinned people came into Egypt and made it a great civilization by lording over the native population). More recently, afrocentrics have pushed their own version of a dynastic race theory in insisting that the culture was somehow adopted or brought in from the African interior and that only dark-skinned Africans lived there for most of the ancient period until lighter-skinned people invaded much later. Neither point-of-view gives any credence to the notion that Egypt is more likely just a product of a native cosmopolitan population of Egyptians (much like it is now) who were already attracted to and living along the Nile before the great civilization arose, a regionally well-connected/positioned people who combined a few innovations and ideas obtained through trade networks with their own gumption and know-how to merge Upper & Lower Egypt in order to build a great civilization for themselves. Neither side stops to think for a minute that Egypt is actually on the African continent and is, itself, African without any of these elaborate importation theories about how the civilization arose.

Sep 2014
Texas
Each region needs its own course and semester.

Jun 2017
Connecticut
Whats with all the racism geared twords African history? It seems to trigger people for some reason despite citing my sources in full detail people Get upset and angry that i even dared to say africans have history they even use the worse arguments to dismiss them like saying they don't count because they traded with non africans so and so weren't true africans or that they were arabs or that they weren't completely below the sahara so they aren't black africans, or they didn't build with stone or they don't count because those current countries are poor now they use blantent double standards why do you think that this is the case?
IME three reasons
1-Misinformation and sterotypes
2-Bigotry
3-Reaction to Afro centrism

Similar History Discussions