Whats Your Favorite Western?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Movies – Many of the Western Spaghetti. Made mostly by Italians and often filmed in the “deserts” of south of Spain. Music often my Morricone. So… “Once upon a time in the West”, “For a Few Dollars More”, “The Good, the Bad and the Villain”, “A Fistful of Dollars”… a bit out of this I also liked “Unforgiven”.

Tv Show – don’t know here, didn’t saw many, and the ones that I saw didn’t follow didn’t like it. Hell on Wheels seemed good. I think I saw almost all the first season

Actor - Clint Eastwood.

Reactions: Rodger

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Probably The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Although I've seen a lot of good old westerns that I liked, so it's hard to say.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Most of those spaghetti westerns with Clint Eastwood from the 1960s have an almost surreal aura to them. The location, filming angles and music are just so entertaining. The plot and dialogue is also quasi- philosophical. Or maybe they just bring back pleasant childhood memories. I could watch those anytime and I am not much of a move person.

Reactions: sailorsam

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Actually it's ,, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly ''
Ups! Sorry! You are quite correct. That is the title in English.

Somehow I was lost in translation, I translated literally with the name that the movie received in Portugal: “O Bom, o Mau e o Vilão”. The original was in Italian: “Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo”, a different sequence.

The ugly was the villian. But was he the only one?
Heheh!

Reactions: Niobe and Rodger
Sep 2016
Georgia
The ugly was the villian. But was he the only one?
I would say that ,, The Bad '' was the villain. He is the most morally corrupt and uses war for his own gain. Even tortures other men. Tuco doesn't really care about war and we see how his relationship with Blondie develops. Plus, there is a scene between The Ugly and his brother. Blondie ( Clint Eastwood ) comforts dying soldier and spares Tuco ( The Ugly ).

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
I would say that ,, The Bad '' was the villain. He is the most morally corrupt and uses war for his own gain. Even tortures other men. Tuco doesn't really care about war and we see how his relationship with Blondie develops. Plus, there is a scene between The Ugly and his brother. Blondie ( Clint Eastwood ) comforts dying soldier and spares Tuco ( The Ugly ).
The movie could be called The Bad, the Bad, and the Bad, since all of the three main characters were bad enough to be villains.

Sep 2016
Georgia
The movie could be called The Bad, the Bad, and the Bad, since all of the three main characters were bad enough to be villains.
Tuco and Blondie were more of anti-heros. Harmonica was also anti-hero in ,, Once upon a time in the West ''.

Oct 2012
What about "Once Upon a Time in the West "? Maybe the worst western of all times. Three hours of stares and whining harmonica.

Reactions: Zip