When and Where Exactly Did the U.S. Conduct Regime Change?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
My question here is pretty straightforward--when and where exactly did the U.S. conduct or help conduct regime change?

As of right now, I can think of:

-Hawaii (in 1893)
-Nicaragua (in 1909)
-Germany (in 1945)
-Japan (in 1945)
-Iran (in 1953)
-Guatemala (in 1954)
-Chile (in 1973)
-Grenada (in 1983)
-Panama (in 1989)
-Afghanistan (in 2001)
-Iraq (in 2003)
-Libya (in 2011)

That said, though, exactly which cases of U.S.-conducted regime change am I forgetting to list here?

Any thoughts on this?

Also, for the record, I myself don't always consider regime change to be a bad thing to do.

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Just now when i read the title "When and where exactly did the US conduct regime change?" I interpreted it as talking about when the US changed its "conduct regime" and I wondered what a "conduct regime" was - some type of bureaucratic term, I guess.

English can be wonderfully ambiguous sometimes.

Last edited:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Just now when i read the title "When and where exactly did the US conduct regime change?" I interpreted it as talking about when the US hchange its "conduct regime" and I wondere what a "conducct regime" was.C
I was talking about the U.S. conducting "regime change" here. Sorry if my thread title here was unclear.

Ichon

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
Several nations in western hemisphere have see, U.S. troops but for example U.S. vs Mexico War led to regime change but not as a direct U.S. orders or control but still due to U.S. intervention.

Philipines is the largest not on above list.

Last edited:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Several nations in western hemisphere have see, U.S. troops but for example U.S. vs Mexico War led to regime change but not as a direct U.S. orders or control but still due to U.S. intervention.

Philipines is the largest not,on above list.
The U.S. overthrew another colonial power (Spain) in the Philippines, though; however, the U.S. did not overthrow a native Filipino government. In turn, this is why I didn't include the Philippines on this list of mine.

Ichon

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
The U.S. overthrew another colonial power (Spain) in the Philippines, though; however, the U.S. did not overthrow a native Filipino government. In turn, this is why I didn't include the Philippines on this list of mine.
Republic of the Philippines accepted surrender of some Spanish forces and fought U.S. occupation for 3 years... it wasn't just a trade between Spain and U.S. colonial powers.

Similar History Discussions