When could the Jews build a larger state than Israel?

May 2014
SoCal
Abraham, we're not allowed to talk about genetics on this forum. This is a forum rule and I believe one that resulted in the banning of at least one forum member (Domen, based on what he told me).

Jul 2019
New Jersey
How ironic given that they and/or their ancestors lived among Arabs and/or Muslims for centuries.
That's kind of why. The Sephardic Jews were thrown out of their countries following 1947. Quite obviously, that did little to make them like the Arabs. Also, Sephardic Jews tend to be less educated than Ashkenazi Jews, which generally correlates to a rise in xenophobia.

As far as genetics are concerned, I doubt this is included in the rule. This has nothing to do with national characteristics etc - this is purely a tool for reconstructing the historical migrations of the Jewish people.

May 2014
SoCal
That's kind of why. The Sephardic Jews were thrown out of their countries following 1947. Quite obviously, that did little to make them like the Arabs. Also, Sephardic Jews tend to be less educated than Ashkenazi Jews, which generally correlates to a rise in xenophobia.
Yeah, that makes sense.

As far as genetics are concerned, I doubt this is included in the rule. This has nothing to do with national characteristics etc - this is purely a tool for reconstructing the historical migrations of the Jewish people.
Let's ask @Naomasa298 for his opinion in regards to this, shall we? After all, if the forum rules are in need of clarification, then the moderators could help clarify them. :)

People lie. Or they're ignorant. I'm a Sephardic Jew who has studied in Israel for two years and is intimately familiar with its politics. What you're saying is just wrong - like I said, anyone who knows anything about Israel can confirm my position.

Okay. You're the one peddling revisionist history, how about you give us some dates?

There's obviously not zero. Nobody's disputing that conversions have historically happened. Nonetheless, only a very small minority of Ashkenazi Jews (12% according to this paper) have a distinctly European haplotype which may be from the Khazars. In any event, here is another academic paper demonstrating the shared middle eastern heritage of Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews.
Eh? when you say what I'm saying is just wrong you mean what the Israeli guy said? its not my words mate, you need to start understanding that.

Also on your revisionist history comment, anyone who know's anything about history know's these sorts of things don't fit into one box answers unless its something like 1066 AD, as I said I had this discussion before and there was an initial date that the person I was debating with (on this forum) gave me which was a 2 year difference, this wasn't a date I came up with.

Your last comment basically confirms what I was saying all along anyway.

I repeat for the second time, others have an agenda, you obviously have an agenda (although I appreciate your information your giving) ......... but I do not.

My interest is purely on a educational / factual purpose similar to the discussion I'm having on the origins of the Sea people or any other subject I discuss on here.

I have to admit, the only thing that gets my back up a bit is not being able to debate the truth or the facts being hidden because of exterior political agendas, although I admit I understand the Jewish community has some ugly opposition on some of these subjects, however I personally just find it legitimately interesting (if there is a link to the Khazars), the same as any other historical subject.

Jul 2019
New Jersey
Eh? when you say what I'm saying is just wrong you mean what the Israeli guy said? its not my words mate, you need to start understanding that.
Your words, his words - it makes no difference. It's untrue. Here's a news story that corroborates what I'm saying.

Also on your revisionist history comment, anyone who know's anything about history know's these sorts of things don't fit into one box answers unless its something like 1066 AD, as I said I had this discussion before and there was an initial date that the person I was debating with (on this forum) gave me which was a 2 year difference, this wasn't a date I came up with.
In other words, you have no intention of doing any research to substantiate your claims beyond invoking some guy you saw on TV a while back. Nice.

Your last comment basically confirms what I was saying all along anyway.
That about 90% of Ashkenazim (and 100% of Sepharadim) aren't descended from the Khazars? Is that what you've been saying all along?

I have to admit, the only thing that gets my back up a bit is not being able to debate the truth or the facts being hidden because of exterior political agendas, although I admit I understand the Jewish community has some ugly opposition on some of these subjects, however I personally just find it legitimately interesting (if there is a link to the Khazars), the same as any other historical subject.
Well, in that case perhaps you can engage more extensively than quoting an unnamed Jew who you once saw on TV?

Feb 2011
Scotland
Yeah, that makes sense.

Let's ask @Naomasa298 for his opinion in regards to this, shall we? After all, if the forum rules are in need of clarification, then the moderators could help clarify them. :)
I was pulled up for citing haplotype genetic data in a recent thread with another forum member pushing exactly the same agenda. It certainly seems relevant in this context, but rules are rules.

Similar History Discussions