When did Africa become so homophobic?

Dec 2012
When Europeans forced "Christian" values onto the continent. Now this will fly in the face of many of the homophobic Afrocentrics but they know it's true. African oral tradition from the Zulu to Central Africa verify the practice and tolerance of homosexuality.

Feb 2013
Coastal Florida
When Europeans forced "Christian" values onto the continent. Now this will fly in the face of many of the homophobic Afrocentrics but they know it's true. African oral tradition from the Zulu to Central Africa verify the practice and tolerance of homosexuality.
I would be interested in this as well. What's the closest we can get to a primary source on this?

antocya

Ad Honorem
May 2012
Iraq
Very interesting article, thanks for posting it.

It is rather strange that some people blame Westerners for bringing homosexuality into Africa and others accusing them of bringing homophobia to Africa. Fingers pointing both ways.

I'm thinking perhaps some African societies accepted homosexuality within certain boundaries but that part of the traditional culture has probably disappeared.

Jul 2012
Michigan, USA.
I know that Voudun has two Loa named Erzulie Freda and her sister Erzulie Dandor that are the protectors of gay men and women respectively. The Ghede, or loa of the dead like Baron Samdi sometimes have bisexual tendencies. However I know this applies to Haitian and New Orleans Voudun, but I'm unaware in West Africa. Personally, I place a good of the blame on Western influences, but tentatively.