When will it stop?

Status
Closed

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
Over 207 dead and more injured after the explosions in Sri Lanka's churches. This bloodied statue of Jesus in one of these churches stands as the symbol to the heinous act.

The explosions occurred in churches and hotels, the government has arrested seven people and labeled it religious terrorism. I assume no one has questions about the religion of the attackers, but this happened in a Buddhist country, with about 8% of Muslims and 7% Christians.

Sri Lanka blasts: At least 207 dead in Colombo, Negombo and Batticaloa - CNN

Last edited:

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
It wasn't just churches - two luxury hotels in the capital were also attacked.

I believe Sri Lanka has been relatively free of religious extremist based violence, so I'm wondering if this is the work of foreign extremists.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What a huge tragedy. :( My condolences go to everyone who was killed, hurt, or affected in any other way by this. :( Hopefully we'll find out who is responsible for these bombings and murders very soon so that they could be punished.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
Mar 2019
Kansas
It wasn't just churches - two luxury hotels in the capital were also attacked.

I believe Sri Lanka has been relatively free of religious extremist based violence, so I'm wondering if this is the work of foreign extremists.
The Tamil Tigers were well known for their attacks on religious symbols. At one point they were so active they were actually carrying out more terrorist attacks than Muslim extremists in a given year.

Mar 2019
Kansas
What a huge tragedy. :( My condolences go to everyone who was killed, hurt, or affected in any other way by this. :( Hopefully we'll find out who is responsible for these bombings and murders very soon so that they could be punished.
To quote U2

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long?
How long must we sing this song?

How long, how long?

Mar 2019
KL
you are quoting popular hindutva extremist websites here mate.

secondly i do think it may have been a religion based attack considering mosque massacre took place on muslim holiday/friday and this attack took place on sunday on easter, but i really dont understand why srilanka? i think srilankan attack may have non involvement of the muslims and some regional or local issue.

thirdly i think that some atheist instigating muslim non muslims conflict to suit their bipolar politics must be drinking vodka and celebrating its initial success if it is indeed an attack by some religion based organisation.

regards

Status
Closed