When will it stop?

Status
Closed
Jul 2016
USA
So only people who act covertly are terrorists? What about the Christian shooter at Christchurch?
Everything the Christchurch shooter did and wrote about was the exact definition of terrorism. Even in his manifesto he blatantly admits it was a terrorist act. Outright says so. He fully admitted he was trying to spark something just like this incident in Sri Lanka, he wanted to conduct a terrorist attack of such high magnitude against Muslims that their response would be so overwhelming in kind, that it would start the snowball effect to end with a violent backlash against Muslim immigration in western countries.

ISIS already posted their support for the bombing on social media, and the attacks so far are led to Muslims with outside support, meaning international terrorist groups, most likely ISIS or Al Qaeda.

Proving once again, unfortunately, that terrorism works against simple minded people.

Oct 2010
DC
No, it couldn't have been committed by Christians or atheists (the Dawkins Liberation Front?), and it is overwhelmingly unlikely that it was Hindus. The Sri Lankan government has pointed to an obscure local Islamist group, acting with support from abroad. Nothing to do with 'crime and organized crime', this was a very carefully planned terrorist act with a religious agenda. It is almost comical watching the mainstream news channels and seeing how careful they are being to avoid making any suggestion whatever about the origin of the attack; tends to confirm that they strongly suspect that it was Islamist!
I read Sri-Lanka in the news, I assumed a revival of the Tamil Tigers, saw the targets, thought a religious organization (and thought Bhuddist); then it got to me that a "NAME" and a "MOTIVE" being ignored without a "suspect" list, hence I knew with a high certainty what it was.

Usually my other flag elsewhere is the mentioning of "national" as if that will not tell me the religious and ethnicity.

Oct 2010
DC
He is simply providing evidence that buddhist extremists can be just as violent as muslims
Sri Lanka Struggles to Contain Its Violent Buddhist Extremists

Here are some of the Buddhist terrorist groups in Sri Lanka: Bodu Bala Paura (Buddhist Shield), Bodu Bala Sena (Buddhist Power Force), Ravana Balakaya (Ravana Battalion), and Sihala Ravaya (Roar of Sinhalese).
Sri Lankan Buddhist extremists attack two Christian churches

Buddhist extremists in the Myanmar military have bombed 60 Christian churches in the last 18 months.
Myanmar Bombs 60 Churches in 18 Months, Replaces Some With Buddhist Pagodas
Are you trying to pretend that buddhist extremists are not as violent as moslem extremists? Why have you ignored the links about Buddhist terrorists in Sri Lanka?
Can we have a list of "non-Muslim" extremist list of attacks and massacres in one stop so people can post them every time a thread like this one comes about, it reduces effort and research. :)

Oct 2013
Europix
Can we have a list of "non-Muslim" extremist list of attacks and massacres in one stop so people can post them every time a thread like this one comes about, it reduces effort and research. :)
Or we could understand that a terrorist is just that: a terrorist. Muslim, Christian, leftist, green, tuner, it remains what he is: a terrorist like all other terrorists.

Oct 2010
DC
Or we could understand that a terrorist is just that: a terrorist. Muslim, Christian, leftist, green, tuner, it remains what he is: a terrorist like all other terrorists.
You can do that, I won't.

:)

I have different perspective and different expectations.

I will rephrase something else as well:

Either a community is one unit or its' not, if it is and it insists it is then it is responsible for its' bad apple, if it is not, let's ALL not talk about it as a UNIT in any context whatsoever, that is my offer.

If I ever get beaten up because of being a Muslim, I will refuse that community gaining "extras" or "sympathy".

I as Muslim myself, am done with their "individualizing" violence while "community"fying victimhood (national and international levels), that includes their detractors and defenders.

Jun 2017
usa
No Hindu extremist enjoy a good bombing as much as the next terrorists. The movement even has a name

Saffron terror - Wikipedia

Back in the day their preferred method of terror was the good old low tech fire bomb
Did you even read your own link?
Most if the attacks are "allegedly" and some, like the Samjhauta express, could have been carried out by Islamic terror outfits.
As far as the Gujarat riots is concerned, people need to read up on what started the whole thing.
60 Hindu pilgrims were set on fire at one of the railway stations. Inside a closed train compartment. Doused with kerosene and set on fire.
The riots were in reaction to that.
So much for the so called "Saffron" terror.
India has thousands of mosques with muslims routinely praying out on the streets every Friday( blocking traffic) in many parts of the country.
India is the only non Muslim country where the people are woken up, Muslim or not, at 5 AM in the morning as the prayer call is blasted from the mosques.
Give us one example of any "Saffron" terror attack carried out by the Hindus against muslims which is not "alleged" but a proven fact.

Oct 2013
Europix
You can do that, I won't.

:)

I have different perspective and different expectations.

I will rephrase something else as well:

Either a community is one unit or its' not, if it is and it insists it is then it is responsible for its' bad apple, if it is not, let's ALL not talk about it as a UNIT in any context whatsoever, that is my offer.

If I ever get beaten up because of being a Muslim, I will refuse that community gaining "extras" or "sympathy".

I as Muslim myself, am done with their "individualizing" violence while "community"fying victimhood (national and international levels), that includes their detractors and defenders.
IDK, it seems that we do have different opinions.

I do not see terrorists as community's "bad apples". To me, terrorist are simply what they are: persons that are convinced the way to change society is by demolishing it through violent acts. To me, there is absolutely no difference between them in regard to what "community", "unity" they link to, they're linked to.

As for victimizing, appologizing, demonizing the said 'communities", unities, to me is another talk, it's another fight.

If I get beaten today for being too white, and tomorrow for not being enough white (*), it will not change anything to me: stupidity is universal, violence is universal.

______
(*) the "if" is just a figure of speech: it actually happened in my youth, both of them. It's maybe why to me stupidity, violence, terrorism, hasn't a distinct colour, nor a distinct ideology or religion.

Status
Closed