When will it stop?

Status
Closed

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
Sri Lanka is out of international touristic circuit for approx next 5 years. How big percentage of gdp do they have from tourism? I suppose some Indians will still visit them because they are neighbors.

Reactions: arkteia

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Sri Lanka is out of international touristic circuit for approx next 5 years. How big percentage of gdp do they have from tourism? I suppose some Indians will still visit them because they are neighbors.
France for a while got hit by many terrorist attacks without severely affecting their tourism industry, why it would be worse for Sri Lanka?

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Sure it does. You just can't admit it because then you have to address the narrative you believe in. Everyone else isn't tainted by that bias and need to use moral relativity to try to argue otherwise. Because causing riots where one person dies in a fight =/= killing 290 people with numerous explosive devices, using suicide bomber tactics.
Sorry, but we are talking about Sri Lanka here, don't we? A country that for the past 40 years or so has been suffering from ethnic and religious violence from all sides in which killed more than 40000 people. Almost every ethnic and religious community did something, and either you believe it or not, Muslim radicals were the least culprit on that violence until this massive terrorist attack. Sri Lanka had riots and real pogroms that killed far more people than just one dying in the fight as you stated earlier. Are you sure you know that much about Sri Lanka?

By saying this, the latest Jihadi attack although massive and very bloody, doesn't make other sectarian and ethnic deaths less important.

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Sorry, but we are talking about Sri Lanka here, don't we? A country that for the past 40 years or so has been suffering from ethnic and religious violence from all sides in which killed more than 40000 people. Almost every ethnic and religious community did something, and either you believe it or not, Muslim radicals were the least culprit on that violence until this massive terrorist attack. Sri Lanka had riots and real pogroms that killed far more people than just one dying in the fight as you stated earlier. Are you sure you know that much about Sri Lanka?

By saying this, the latest Jihadi attack although massive and very bloody, doesn't make other sectarian and ethnic deaths less important.
We're talking about 300 plus dead in a suicide attack in a house of worship. Considering nobody else did that, then this statement is incorrect:

That doesn't make that group worse than the other.
Yes, ISIS is worse than the others. Or are you now defending ISIS?

Reactions: arkteia and macon

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
We're talking about 300 plus dead in a suicide attack in a house of worship. Considering nobody else did that, then this statement is incorrect:
Racist Sinhalese Buddhist mobs committed entire massacres on Tamil Hindu communities not really a long time ago.
So, by your logic, USA is extremely bad because no nation in the world ever used nuclear bombs which killed over 200.000 civilians in warfare?
You are just analyzing the method of a certain group and not really focusing on the nature of the carnage.

Yes, ISIS is worse than the others. Or are you now defending ISIS?
What? Are you really not aware of how ridiculous this question sounds? Or are you really only making this question to provoke me?

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Racist Sinhalese Buddhist mobs committed entire massacres on Tamil Hindu communities not really a long time ago.
So, by your logic, USA is extremely bad because no nation in the world ever used nuclear bombs which killed over 200.000 civilians in warfare?
You are just analyzing the method of a certain group and not really focusing on the nature of the carnage.
What? Are you really not aware of how ridiculous this question sounds? Or are you really only making this question to provoke me?[/QUOTE]

No, I just wonder why its your MO on historum to visit every thread involving Islamic violence to defend them.

This Easter attack was apparently done by ISIS, as they are now claiming credit. You went out of your way to compare them to previous groups in Sri Lanka with the stipulation "That doesn't make that group worse than the other."

Are you serious? ISIS isn't worse than previous?

Are there no limit to the moral relativism you're willing to go to? This is rhetorical of course, because no answer you give overtly will answer that.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
What? Are you really not aware of how ridiculous this question sounds? Or are you really only making this question to provoke me?
No, I just wonder why its your MO on historum to visit every thread involving Islamic violence to defend them.[/QUOTE]

Defending whom?
Please, show me any quote of mine in which I ever defend any Islamic terrorist around this thread. I'm beginning to suspect you are deliberately lying and trying to frame me. You are making a very serious accusation here and you really have to carefully present supporting evidence to defend your argument.

This Easter attack was apparently done by ISIS, as they are now claiming credit. You went out of your way to compare them to previous groups in Sri Lanka with the stipulation "That doesn't make that group worse than the other."

Are you serious? ISIS isn't worse than previous?

Are there no limit to the moral relativism you're willing to go to? This is rhetorical of course, because no answer you give overtly will answer that.
My earlier comment was made even before ISIS claimed responsibility to this attack. Why are you so eager to dishonestly distort my arguments?

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
My earlier comment was made even before ISIS claimed responsibility to this attack. Why are you so eager to dishonestly distort my arguments?
Are the Islamist jihadi terrorists the same as the rest? Speak up, or forever hold your peace.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Are the Islamist jihadi terrorists the same as the rest? Speak up, or forever hold your peace.
If you are taking this on a global scale, then the answer is no. If we are talking on Sri Lanka and see its recent history, I would say that roughly, yes.

Status
Closed