Where was Achaemenid India?

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
According to some historical records 'India' , a part of it, was an Achaemenid satrapy.

Is there any archeology to indicate where this was ?

May 2018
India
Lol do u really think that whole subcontinent was just and 17 of persians even Sharma tiens who conquered India have to divide north west part of it in many provinces Satraps.

Google West strapas for more information.

Besides Sindh and Punjab no part of India was Conquered or ruled by Persians while we Ruled East Persian under Mauryans.

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
LOL, Razdan dude. I think that your so called 'East Persia' that Chandragupta Maurya 'conquered' was precisely those parts of Sindh & Punjab, that had come under the rule of Seleucus, and became part of India again after Chandragupta Maurya defeated Seleucus.

I believe someone named Vakhsuva Darva (i.e. Oxyartes) was satrap of Sogdiana. Which thus makes Sogdiana a satrapy of Achaemenid Persia.

For those not so familiar with this dude, he was the man who became father in law of Alexander, when Alexander married his daughter Rushanakh (i.e. Roxanne).

Bactria also, I wud be inclined to believe.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
According to some historical records 'India' , a part of it, was an Achaemenid satrapy.

Is there any archeology to indicate where this was ?
They ruled North-West part of India aka present day Pakistan and Eastern Afghanistan(Gandhara).

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
Pinjab-Greek not Indo greek
You never know. Some of you guys might hv lineage from Seleucus. Or Diodottus.

Perhaps even Ashoka himself might hv been Indo-Greek. Chandragupta Maurya married a daughter of Seleucus, and Bindusara or even Ashoka cud possibly hv been a result of that union. One of Ashoka's monikers was Devadutta, and that might hv been the same name that was Grecianised to Diodottus.

Last edited:
May 2018
India
You never know. Some of you guys might hv lineage from Seleucus. Or Diodottus.

Perhaps even Ashoka himself might hv been Indo-Greek. Chandragupta Maurya married a daughter of Seleucus, and Bindusara or even Ashoka cud possibly hv been a result of that union. One of Ashoka's monikers was Devadutta, and that might hv been the same name that was Grecianised to Diodottus.
being a kashmiri pandit i assures you we have no paternal or maternal relations with greeks.

Jun 2012
LOL, Razdan dude. I think that your so called 'East Persia' that Chandragupta Maurya 'conquered' was precisely those parts of Sindh & Punjab, that had come under the rule of Seleucus, and became part of India again after Chandragupta Maurya defeated Seleucus.
Okay Razdan and Dreamhunter, quit the nationalistic act. Dream, actually those parts are the Iranian Plateau. The Indian subcontinent is a large place and are filled with many peoples who could no longer be considered Indians by reasonable standards. So yes, when Chandragupta Maurya conquered Westward from the Indus River and up onto the Iranian Plateau south of the Hindu Kush, he conquered/ruled over the Iranians/leftover Greeks of those regions.

Last edited: