Which Central and Eastern European countries were Jews treated the best in during the interwar era?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Which Central and Eastern European countries were Jews treated the best in during the interwar era? By interwar era, I mean the time period in between the two World Wars--so, from 1918 to 1939. Personally, I would think that the Soviet Union would be on this list considering just how flatteringly the Soviets and their then-philo-Semitic policies were described in this article:

However, which other Central and Eastern European countries were relatively Judeophilic during the interwar era?

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Which Central and Eastern European countries were Jews treated the best in during the interwar era? By interwar era, I mean the time period in between the two World Wars--so, from 1918 to 1939. Personally, I would think that the Soviet Union would be on this list considering just how flatteringly the Soviets and their then-philo-Semitic policies were described in this article:

However, which other Central and Eastern European countries were relatively Judeophilic during the interwar era?
Bulgaria? Not syaing good more less bad.

Reactions: Futurist

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
I meant before WWII, though. Obviously Bulgaria's actions in WWII were notable--though it did fail in saving the Macedonian Jews by refusing to grant them Bulgarian citizenship. :(
Before he War, Italy? there was offical anti semetism but it was hardly vigourous. Czechoslovakia?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Before he War, Italy? there was offical anti semetism but it was hardly vigourous.
Mussolini even allowed Jews to be Fascist Party members until at least the late 1930s, no?

Czechoslovakia?
Yeah, probably. It appears to have been one of the most tolerant and democratic Central and Eastern European countries in the interwar era. In fact, it was Central and Eastern Europe's only democracy in 1938--when Romania finally became a royal dictatorship.

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
In Romania the Jews were very disunited, afaik. Some of them were even esteemed, others were regarded as annoying immigrants