Which countries are likely to break up in the event of a revolution or war loss?

Aug 2009
Londinium
The picture does NOT show a person being oppressed by the state. The opposite is more true.
LOL Oh ok – so no state apparatus was used to quell anti-government dissent on that day…..let’s see how long you make that last for…

China lacked proper riot control and the army had to be called in to quell anarchist insurrectionists and murderers who kill unarmed security personnel and destroy the nation's capital.
Less than 1 line!

Consider if the CCP would have a vested interest is describing (dismissing?) those protesters as “anarchist insurrectionists and murderers who kill unarmed security personnel and destroy the nation's capital” – this sounds like it was taken directly from the Global Times or a press release from the PRC.

The picture and video shows the tank crew trying to maneuver around the protester with zero intention of harming him.
So the CCP didn’t run over a citizen with a tank during a protest against the government. If that’s the bar you’ve set, you must be proud to be Canadian!

P.S your last pic is entirely irreverent, unless you expect it to have some meaning? Does this picture counter the events of Tian. Sq. in your opinion?

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
So the CCP didn’t run over a citizen with a tank during a protest against the government.
no citizen has been run over by a tank
video proof by westerners:

in fact, the person chatted with the tank driver... several other citizen asked the person to leave rather than stay in the line of tank.

let us notice the martial law existed in almost every nation, including china. and martial law has been taken into effect by more than one nation, more than china, specifically it had been done in west. more over, if it were in west, the person already was shot to death at the moment he opened the tank's upper door

the question is, why martial law exist in west?

http://i.guancha.cn/news/2014/11/26/20141126155551722.jpg
http://i.guancha.cn/news/2014/11/26/20141126155610320.jpg
http://i.guancha.cn/news/2015/08/11/20150811112425648.jpg
http://i.guancha.cn/news/2015/08/10/20150810231453114.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 2009
Londinium
no citizen has been run over by a tank
video proof by westerners:

in fact, the person chatted with the tank driver... several other citizen asked the person to leave rather than stay in the line of tank.

let us notice the martial law existed in almost every nation, including china. and martial law has been taken into effect by more than one nation, more than china, specifically it had been done in west. more over, if it were in west, the person already was shot to death at the moment he opened the tank's upper door
*Sorry, run at by a tank - not run over.

I’m not debating the use of marshal law, I shall remind you Tian Sq. came into this thread in response to a comment you made regarding how the Indian Gov dealt with protests in Goa (used guns). I said they would use a tank in China.

Your video proves that, so thanks for posting.

If you or any other poster would like a discussion on the what’s and when’s of Tian. Sq. - please post a thread. Or better yet! Why not hold a free and open conversation in China, perhaps in public and with many people? That way no westerners would get in the way and you would be free to discuss the anti-CCP protest with people who better understand that the PRC govt. would never want to quell any such things.

Which ever option you choose, best of luck.

Your question, not "the" question; yet another (in a long line) of what-aboutisms from yourself.

Again, I find myself responding to you in 1 post but recalling every other discussion we had, and the patterns are all there again for us to see.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
I’m not debating the use of marshal law, I shall remind you Tian Sq. came into this thread in response to a comment you made regarding how the Indian Gov dealt with protests in Goa (used guns). I said they would use a tank in China.

Which Indian gov firing incident in Goa you referring to, there is no such incident. Instead, there was an incident of Portuguese troops fired on Indian protesters in 1955 who marched on Goa border killing many Satyagrahis. In 1950s, India and Portugal used to be very tensed and it remained so until 1974 until Salazar was removed in Portugal.

Apr 2012
India
But not Indian in race. To Indians, Tibetans and Mongols, Uyghurs and the few dozen Manchu speakers could secede along ethnic lines. Somehow India is immune? India wasn't immune to keep Pakistan.

Yes, there is no Indian race; but there is a common unifying religion prevailing in most of India. Race is as much a social construct as it is biological (people need to believe in race for it to have any political value). Religion work fine as unifier as long as people believe in it, even culturally.

Second, India is one of the country where racial and linguistic diversity is a strength, not weakness. No potential secessionist in India has enough numbers to cause anything more than a mere annoyance.

East Indian nationalities that may seek secession have less numbers than a typical Indian city, and it is Indian military force that prevents their total gangrape by ever enthusiastic Bangladeshi migrants. Sikhs (another candidate stated here), apart from being less than 2% population, also have TFR of 1.6 so it is not like their odds at seceding would improve with time.

Even in case of China, Tibet could not seceded without help from India; while East Turkestan could not seceded without help from Ummah.

Aug 2009
Londinium
Which Indian gov firing incident in Goa you referring to, there is no such incident. Instead, there was an incident of Portuguese troops fired on Indian protesters in 1955 who marched on Goa border killing many Satyagrahis. In 1950s, India and Portugal used to be very tensed and it remained so until 1974 until Salazar was removed in Portugal.
Please re-read the post:)

I have not commented on any actions taken by the Indian Govt in this thread, merely pointing out that (at the initiation of other posters comparison), China would use a tank to quell such dissent:

one nation, two systems is a chinese invention. they are just same as other chinese areas as defined in chinese constitution.

the goa case shows india has a tendency to use guns, in comparison with china.
*You didn't finish your post, allow me:

...who use tanks:

Oct 2013
Canada
LOL Oh ok – so no state apparatus was used to quell anti-government dissent on that day…..let’s see how long you make that last for…

Less than 1 line!
Obviously you haven't a clue about Tiananmen and is just regurgitating propaganda.

State apparatus was used to quell insurrection, not dissent. The soldiers were not armed and the CCP was engaging the students in high-level talks. The soldiers were there to keep the peace:

Unarmed soldiers keeping order

State apparatus (guns, tanks, etc.) was called in to quell murdering mobs and rioters when it started:

This is not dissent but insurrection and straight-up murder

If you mob, attack, and kill unarmed security personnel, you are not a dissenter but a danger in society that must be put down, PERIOD.

Consider if the CCP would have a vested interest is describing (dismissing?) those protesters as “anarchist insurrectionists and murderers who kill unarmed security personnel and destroy the nation's capital” – this sounds like it was taken directly from the Global Times or a press release from the PRC.
It sounds like whatever you imagine it to think like... but it's closer to the truth than what you're fed with.

So the CCP didn’t run over a citizen with a tank during a protest against the government. If that’s the bar you’ve set, you must be proud to be Canadian!
A vehicle was on forward motion, someone chose to ran up to stand in front of it. Somehow you interpret that as a tank being used to try to run over someone when it was trying to swerve around.

P.S your last pic is entirely irreverent, unless you expect it to have some meaning? Does this picture counter the events of Tian. Sq. in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

The last picture is to commemorate the PLA

Oct 2013
Canada
*Sorry, run at by a tank - not run over.

Either you are being dishonest or you just don't know what you are talking about. Either case, you're on the wrong in this.

The tank was not running at someone, it was leaving Tiananmen Square. Someone just to run up and stand in front of the tank, which tried to swerve around. If you're a insurance scammer and run up in front of a moving car, the car wasn't running at you.

Look at the image that picture (including the tank man on the lower left corner). Are you seriously going to tell me this entire line of tanks is running at the one person?

STOP CALLING PEOPLE LIARS
As your post illustrate, you're either ignorant of the subject or a liar. Why did you have to use edited images to prove your point? LOL

Aug 2009
Londinium
Either you are being dishonest or you just don't know what you are talking about. Either case, you're on the wrong in this.

The tank was not running at someone, it was leaving Tiananmen Square. Someone just to run up and stand in front of the tank, which tried to swerve around. If you're a insurance scammer and run up in front of a moving car, the car wasn't running at you.

Look at the image that picture (including the tank man on the lower left corner). Are you seriously going to tell me this entire line of tanks is running at the one person?

As your post illustrate, you're either ignorant of the subject or a liar. Why did you have to use edited images to prove your point? LOL
Please post this into a thread on Tian. Sq.

Don't say I've not edited any images to prove my point - I have not edited any images.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
I’m not debating the use of marshal law,
i am not debating that you are debating the use of martial law.
I shall remind you Tian Sq. came into this thread in response to a comment you
If you or any other poster would like a discussion on the what’s and when’s of Tian. Sq. - please post a thread.
i shall remind you that the person who introduced tian an men sq. into this thread has no right to tell me of stop speech on tian an men sq.

you have no right to forbid others to make speeches on topics you speak.
made regarding how the Indian Gov dealt with protests in Goa (used guns). I said they would use a tank in China.
i won't repeat it. goa is related with de-colonization.
some westerners were forced to de-colonize by guns.

this de-colonization progress has nothing to do with any martial law in any country.

Or better yet! Why not hold a free and open conversation in China, perhaps in public and with many people? That way no westerners would get in the way and you would be free to discuss the anti-CCP protest with people who better understand that the PRC govt. would never want to quell any such things.
i find no problem to speak in china. i only find i was forbidden to speak by a westerner on a topic he introduced.