Which countries are likely to break up in the event of a revolution or war loss?

Oct 2013
Canada
Please post this into a thread on Tian. Sq.

Don't say I've not edited any images to prove my point - I have not edited any images.
Where did I say you edited images?

I said you used edited images. Any image or video that does not show the whole picture means it has been edited, and you used the tankman video, which was a craft of trickery to begin with. No one would show the whole picture of tanks leaving the square and being stopped by an insurance-scammer-type move, or show the crewmen and the protestor having chat. They only show part of it to spin it as a brave pro-democracy activist. The whole Tiananmen Insurrection as told and understood by you is a hoax.

May 2017
Syria
When I first read Baldastic's "So the CCP didn’t run over a citizen with a tank [...]" the first thing I thought of was the Mandela effect, basically reported to be a phenomenon of the collective misremembrance of many details and facts such as Nelson Mandela's death date, the spelling of the Berenstain Bears' name, and the fate of the man who stood in front of the tank in Chang'an Avenue.

Turns out it was just a typo.

SSDD

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
India
India certainly has chance of collapsing. After 2026, Indian parliament will redecide number of members from each state on basis of population. Since South advanced in modernizing their society their TFR reduced, otoh, North Indian migrants are flocking every corner of India, refusing to learn local languages and making local people minority which is giving birth to deep linguistic resentment. In 2026, it is possible that North by having more people will get more MPs. North will have an advantage in passing legislation. South as I have seen is freaking out here and there, although no collective outburst is yet seen ,there are proposals that South should unite and make a unified state instead of having 5 states.

In East, and throughout country, there are numerous enclaves where Hindus are minority. Government and media practically turns a blind eye. Plus Bangladeshi economic migrants(not refugees) are flooding the whole country. Government and media are ignoring it. Situation although is not that bad, but will turn really bad, my estimate.

If things really go bad, how long Pakistan will wait or China, or even Bangladesh before they attack jointly?

I dont think India will completely collapse but it may end up losing significant chunk of territory. Possibly Pakistan getting Kashmir, China getting Ladakh, Sikkim, Arunachal, Bangladesh getting rest of East. I wonder what will happen to Nepal and Bhutan then?:eek:

China is not going to collapse, Han makes up 92% of people.

Pakistan likewise is not going to break either. They have settled Afghan Pashtun refugees in Balochistan, Muhajirs in Sindh so that local people remain no longer majority. In Gilgit-Baltistan fearing Shia uprising they settled Sunnis. In addition they are relentlessly propagating Urdu to make Pakistan, One Language, One Religion, one Country.

Comparing India attacking Goa with China's handling of Hong Kong is not correct. British has lease of Hong Kong and they were legally bound to give up. Portugal had no such lease. Though I sincerely wish if Mughals attacked Goa. If Britain refused to hand over Hong Kong after expiry of lease then China would have valid ground to attack.

But climate change will make subcontinent inhabitable after 100 years. For us, it is like when it rains then it pours.:sad:

Jun 2012
Malaysia
Han is not really an ethnicity. It is more like a culture. What makes them appear as if they're one single monolithic ethnicity is that they use the same one single writing system, although they're actually hundreds of different ethnicities speaking hundreds of languages & dialects. Saying that China is virtually all Han is like saying that Europe is virtually all European. It does not really mean much.

SSDD

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
India
Han is not really an ethnicity. It is more like a culture. What makes them appear as if they're one single monolithic ethnicity is that they use the same one single writing system, although they're actually hundreds of different ethnicities speaking hundreds of languages & dialects. Saying that China is virtually all Han is like saying that Europe is virtually all European. It does not really mean much.
I know that but point is people at least believe they are Han. As such China can easily be considered an ethnicity based country. While India has no such equivalent.

I also see Western analysts saying about China's impending doom, collapse of CCP. I think even if CCP collapses, a democratic China too will challenge US.

Oct 2013
Canada
I know that but point is people at least believe they are Han. As such China can easily be considered an ethnicity based country. While India has no such equivalent.

I also see Western analysts saying about China's impending doom, collapse of CCP. I think even if CCP collapses, a democratic China too will challenge US.
Western Liberal Democracy is un-Chinese. If China becomes such, it will not be Chinese, and it won't challenge the US, it will challenge itself with endless interracial squabble and disunity. To be Chinese is to resist this kind of mentality and political system. A pro-WLDemocracy Chinese is not a Chinese.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
South as I have seen is freaking out here and there, although no collective outburst is yet seen ,there are proposals that South should unite and make a unified state instead of having 5 states.
South is freaking out is just runs on twitter or facebook run by "Polished English" speaking leftists/Marxists, the common people hardly give a damn. Even in Karnataka all these twitter movement didn't made any impact on voting pattern including those of Lingayats.

In 2026, the current seat sharing system would be likely to be continued not to discourage the population control.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Han is an umbrella and recently been invented, Han Chinese is a group of people who speak numerous languages. Many times I have even witnessed the Northern Han and Southern Han fighting on social media. Even 98% Indians who speak Indo-Aryan and Dravidian language are Indian by race sharing a common history from Vedic tradition, cultural identity etc., majority of them Hindus and common origin of their writing systems.

SSDD

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
India
Han is an umbrella and recently been invented, Han Chinese is a group of people who speak numerous languages. Many times I have even witnessed the Northern Han and Southern Han fighting on social media. Even 98% Indians who speak Indo-Aryan and Dravidian language are Indian by race sharing a common history from Vedic tradition, cultural identity etc., majority of them Hindus and common origin of their writing systems.
I am afraid that various Indo-Aryan and Dravidian groups dont share such close relation as Sichuanese, Cantonese and Mandarin speakers do. This has two reason 1) They dont have their own script. They dont have their own exclusive literary history, whereas in India a Hindi speaker is proud of Harishchandra but a Tamil speaker is proud of Subramnia Bharati. Neither the Hindi speaker read Subramnia Bharati nor the Tamil speaker read Harishchandra. This difference plays most important role behind rise of regional pride. 2) Chinese have a long tradition being a unified empire, which India does not do. Which is why a Cantonese speaker accepts Mandarin to be lingua franca and national language, but A Malayali will not accept Hindi as so because India was hardly ever unified state.

Therefore although Han is umbrella term, India does not have any such equivalent. Instead we have a common religious identity which is declining.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
I am afraid that various Indo-Aryan and Dravidian groups dont share such close relation as Sichuanese, Cantonese and Mandarin speakers do. This has two reason 1) They dont have their own script. They dont have their own exclusive literary history, whereas in India a Hindi speaker is proud of Harishchandra but a Tamil speaker is proud of Subramnia Bharati. Neither the Hindi speaker read Subramnia Bharati nor the Tamil speaker read Harishchandra. This difference plays most important role behind rise of regional pride. 2) Chinese have a long tradition being a unified empire, which India does not do. Which is why a Cantonese speaker accepts Mandarin to be lingua franca and national language, but A Malayali will not accept Hindi as so because India was hardly ever unified state.

Therefore although Han is umbrella term, India does not have any such equivalent. Instead we have a common religious identity which is declining.
I don't think Malayalis have any problem with Hindi, I never saw such thing in South India, same with Telugus and Kannadigas. Many North Indians don't know about South India beyond what comes from Tamil Nadu.

Chinese are not united a single language but they are united by a common writing system.