Which countries are likely to break up in the event of a revolution or war loss?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Western Liberal Democracy is un-Chinese. If China becomes such, it will not be Chinese, and it won't challenge the US, it will challenge itself with endless interracial squabble and disunity. To be Chinese is to resist this kind of mentality and political system. A pro-WLDemocracy Chinese is not a Chinese.
Japan and South Korea are democratic and yet they aren't importing a lot of diversity into their countries. Thus, why would China do this?

SSDD

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
India
I don't think Malayalis have any problem with Hindi, I never saw such thing in South India, same with Telugus and Kannadigas. Many North Indians don't know about South India beyond what comes from Tamil Nadu.

Chinese are not united a single language but they are united by a common writing system.
Problem is not speaking Hindi, but making Hindi national language, whereas in China a Cantonese speaker has neither objection to speaking Mandarin nor accepting Mandarin as national language.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Problem is not speaking Hindi, but making Hindi national language, whereas in China a Cantonese speaker has neither objection to speaking Mandarin nor accepting Mandarin as national language.
I don't think anyone even talked of making Hindi as national language of India, all kids in all states except Tamil Nadu are already learning Hindi in school and government is mandated to promote Hindi as a lingua franca of India. While in India, kids learn Hindi in addition to their mother tongue, in China Cantonese are subject to forced assimilation as a Mandarin speaker and Cantonese content being banned in media and Cantonese language being suppressed by the government. All this language issue in South India are just running on Twitter and Facebook by polished English speaking leftists against Hindu nationalism aka language issue as a counter to Hindu nationalism.

Feb 2017
The Rainforests
in China Cantonese are subject to forced assimilation as a Mandarin speaker and Cantonese content being banned in media and Cantonese language being suppressed by the government.
Huh? :) I can guarantee that there is no forced assimilation as Cantonese speakers can talk Cantonese in the open if we like. In a matchmaking Chinese reality show, the male participant can speak to one of the female participants in Cantonese and she can speak back in return despite the show using Mandarin as the main language. The host can sing a Cantonese song and another male participant could sing in Cantonese too. The end song for a movie called The White Haired Witch had an ending song in Cantonese.

Last edited:

SSDD

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
India
I don't think anyone even talked of making Hindi as national language of India, all kids in all states except Tamil Nadu are already learning Hindi in school and government is mandated to promote Hindi as a lingua franca of India. While in India, kids learn Hindi in addition to their mother tongue, in China Cantonese are subject to forced assimilation as a Mandarin speaker and Cantonese content being banned in media and Cantonese language being suppressed by the government. All this language issue in South India are just running on Twitter and Facebook by polished English speaking leftists against Hindu nationalism aka language issue as a counter to Hindu nationalism.
Last time Government talked about making Hindi a national language in 2014, almost all South protested, however Government soon backed off so protests ended. 3 Language formula is not implemented as yet. The 3rd language is taught for only 2 years which can be both Sanskrit or Hindi, plus 2 year course is not enough teach any language.

If the school is not Government owned, then 3rd language is not even taught. Only vernacular and English. Social media does reflect people's mindset. If you have twitter or FB account with large following in South, you can make a poll or you can take a survey on streets, face to face. I can assure response will be overwhelmingly against making Hindi national language. Even people who speak Hindi they too will oppose it.

If India has to survive, it needs to go through dramatic system change, A federal system plus end of biased decision making against majority.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Last time Government talked about making Hindi a national language in 2014, almost all South protested, however Government soon backed off so protests ended. 3 Language formula is not implemented as yet. The 3rd language is taught for only 2 years which can be both Sanskrit or Hindi, plus 2 year course is not enough teach any language.

If the school is not Government owned, then 3rd language is not even taught. Only vernacular and English. Social media does reflect people's mindset. If you have twitter or FB account with large following in South, you can make a poll or you can take a survey on streets, face to face. I can assure response will be overwhelmingly against making Hindi national language. Even people who speak Hindi they too will oppose it.

If India has to survive, it needs to go through dramatic system change, A federal system plus end of biased decision making against majority.
2014 there was no debate on making Hindi as national language but about the promotion of Hindi in social media by government departments. Almost all protest against Hindi comes from Tamil Nadu, regional parties of Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh have no interest in language politics. Even movement against Hindi in Karnataka hardly materialized as votes. Dravidian nationalists would like you to believe all of South India is against Hindi. Being, a Bengali you would be very well knowing which languages Hindi or English is popular among Bengalis as a lingua franca of India, I mean common Bengali not the Bhadraloks(elites).

Last edited:

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Some vestiges of rabid Tamil linguistic and Tamil cultural fanaticism remain.
They are both against Hindi and Sanskrit and they blatantly claim all Dravidian languages came out of Tamil. That's the reason Telugu, Kannadigas and Malayalis keeps a distance from Dravidian nationalism.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Huh? :) I can guarantee that there is no forced assimilation as Cantonese speakers can talk Cantonese in the open if we like. In a matchmaking Chinese reality show, the male participant can speak to one of the female participants in Cantonese and she can speak back in return despite the show using Mandarin as the main language. The host can sing a Cantonese song and another male participant could sing in Cantonese too. The end song for a movie called The White Haired Witch had an ending song in Cantonese.
Anger Over Anti-Cantonese Moves in China

Last edited: