Which countries do you respect and despise?

Status
Closed

notgivenaway

Ad Honorem
Jun 2015
UK
I respect Germany a lot, mainly due to its economic prowess, and in a way it always would have risen in both world wars due to its desire to be strong and forward (unPC to say but true imho). Canada is a prosperous country, but it has no real distinct culture. South Africa has many issues, but it hasn't resorted to a bloodbath/racial civil war at least since apartheid ended. China is an enduring country/culture, and Iran is the best of a bad bunch around it. It at least has some longevity and complexity, unlike Qatar, Saudi, Bahrain, etc. which were nothing of note pre-crude oil discoveries.

I don't like India though, since they don't have much regard for human life. And countries like Spain and Portugal get off too lightly for "colonial guilt", when the UK and France get disproportionate flak. Much of the native genocides happened before the UK/France had large colonies in the Americas, yet the SJW people pick on Britain since its empire was the most known or some related silliness. If they actually studied history, they'd know that the British didn't exterminate natives to the degree the Spanish or the Americans post-independence did.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
I don't like India though, since they don't have much regard for human life. And countries like Spain and Portugal get off too lightly for "colonial guilt", when the UK and France get disproportionate flak. Much of the native genocides happened before the UK/France had large colonies in the Americas, yet the SJW people pick on Britain since its empire was the most known or some related silliness. If they actually studied history, they'd know that the British didn't exterminate natives to the degree the Spanish or the Americans post-independence did.
As you have beging a new attack I must to answer to you. Simply not native genocide as everybody can see travelling by America.. what nevera they are going to see in Australia or en New Hampshire... by the way...
Most of genocide took place when the anglo-saxons settlers arrived to America, most of them in 18th Century...If the SJW people in World pick on Britain.. it is not our trouble... If you have building hospitals, universities open to natives, if you have vaccinated the population and respected their languages, traditions, culture maybe you would have been more respected or not...We have many respect between the Indians, and natives (also in this forum)..
So, yes, nor Spain nor Portugal are perceived as harmful powers.. maybe because Spain and Portugal assimilated.. Britain didn´t.

British Colonialism in India

Regards

Right most of natives killed in America were post-independence in North-Central-South America... so not guilty Spain or Britain..

Last edited:

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Sorry but I find it a depressing question, the idea of despising a whole country.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
I tell you what, let's move this into the Chamber, and then you can all do what you like with the consequences that it entails.

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Canada
I respect Germany a lot, mainly due to its economic prowess, and in a way it always would have risen in both world wars due to its desire to be strong and forward (unPC to say but true imho). Canada is a prosperous country, but it has no real distinct culture. South Africa has many issues, but it hasn't resorted to a bloodbath/racial civil war at least since apartheid ended. China is an enduring country/culture, and Iran is the best of a bad bunch around it. It at least has some longevity and complexity, unlike Qatar, Saudi, Bahrain, etc. which were nothing of note pre-crude oil discoveries.

We are a predominately Anglo-Saxon culture and French in Quebec.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Which countries do you respect and despise?
My friend, I respect every country that respects mine.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Meu amigo, eu respeito todos os países que respeitam o meu.

-benzóico.
Ditado em português
Se você quer ser respeitado, respeite aqueles ao seu redor, e antes de falar sobre os outros, primeiro lavem a boca.

Last edited:
Aug 2012
I despise Sealand. They are off the coast of where I myself live. This tiny, silly little joke of a country is essentially acting like a child in a treehouse sticking out their tongue at us.
Many times, I have honestly thought of getting a boat, some people, a few hitting sticks, and going to invade and take it over for Essex. It wouldn't be hard. I'd just march right up there, look them square in the eye and tell them they've been annexed.
And Greater Essex does have a nice ring to it. Maybe then those snobs in London would stop looking down their nose at us.

Nostromo

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Queens
I respect Switzerland for trying to stay neural and out of other countries' business.

I respect Australia for developing a great nation on a sun-scorched, crocodile and snake infested rock.

Not a fan of Saudi Arabia's elites for funding you know who, but I wouldn't say I "despise" the whole country, since it's mostly full of people who just try to get through their day like everyone else.

Feb 2016
Atlantic Ocean
I despise Sealand. They are off the coast of where I myself live. This tiny, silly little joke of a country is essentially acting like a child in a treehouse sticking out their tongue at us.
Many times, I have honestly thought of getting a boat, some people, a few hitting sticks, and going to invade and take it over for Essex. It wouldn't be hard. I'd just march right up there, look them square in the eye and tell them they've been annexed.
And Greater Essex does have a nice ring to it. Maybe then those snobs in London would stop looking down their nose at us.
we do not agree on much, but with this good sir you have won me over :D

Status
Closed