Which countries do you respect and despise?

Status
Closed

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
I don't despise any country, or all it's people. I despise certain governments and certain factions within a country and I feel some people are merely misguided but I don't despise the majority.

Von Ranke

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
Thistleland
I hope you mean Test cricket -- you know the proper Five day stuff-- not this flashy 20:20 stuff!!!!
I like the 20:20 flashy stuff. Mind you I have a short attention span and watching five days of first class test bowlers constantly rubbing the ball against their whites in order to take the shine off drives me nuts. Mind you I quite liked watching the Ashes, especially in the old days when England used to get wiped out in a day and a half. Good old Dennis Lillee. :)

Last edited:

Kevinmeath

Ad Honoris
May 2011
Navan, Ireland
I like the 20:20 flashy stuff. Mind you I have a short attention span and watching five days of first class test bowlers constantly rubbing the ball against their whites in order to take the shine off drives me nuts. Mind you I quite liked watching the Ashes, especially in the old days when England used to get wiped out in a day and a half. Good old Dennis Lillee. :)

Johnney Foreigner just can not seem to understand the delights of watching a 'tail-end batsman' trying to save England by batting out a whole day (ie doing nothing a trying not to get out).

Having said that the 2005 ashes series was one of the most enthralling cricketing spectacles .

Can anything be better than 'pottering' at domestic work with either the test on TV (on satellite now unfortunately) in the back ground or even 'Test match special' on the radio?

Von Ranke

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
Thistleland
Can anything be better than 'pottering' at domestic work with either the test on TV (on satellite now unfortunately) in the back ground or even 'Test match special' on the radio?
No, especially when the King of johnny foreigners, Richie Benaud, could spend three quarters of an hour explaining the technicalities of a no ball or how the level of humidity could be utilized by the spin bowlers to dismiss the English opening batsmen. Happy days

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
No, especially when the King of johnny foreigners, Richie Benaud, could spend three quarters of an hour explaining the technicalities of a no ball or how the level of humidity could be utilized by the spin bowlers to dismiss the English opening batsmen. Happy days
If there any man who you would want to explain the lbw rule to you for an hour, it would be Richie Benaud. Possibly followed by Michael Holding.

Back in that era, never mind the humidity, a man with a ham sandwich could dismiss an England opening batsman. In fact, he often did.

Von Ranke

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
Thistleland
If there any man who you would want to explain the lbw rule to you for an hour, it would be Richie Benaud. Possibly followed by Michael Holding.

Back in that era, never mind the humidity, a man with a ham sandwich could dismiss an England opening batsman. In fact, he often did.
Agreed and agreed.

Feb 2016
Atlantic Ocean
Admiring Old South Africa but despising Saudi Arabia or North Korea at the same time? Aren't you contradicting yourself?
Old south africa deserved a place in the commonwealth the new one does not

Instead of changing the nation to promote unity between blacks and whites they went the other way and favoured blacks.

Status
Closed