Which countries do you respect and despise?

Status
Closed
May 2017
India
Historically, what is today Pakistan was on fringes of settled civilization. I have explained it comprehensively here http://historum.com/asian-history/127257-without-india-would-europe-still-dark-ages-14.html#post2760105?postcount=133 and http://historum.com/asian-history/127257-without-india-would-europe-still-dark-ages-16.html#post2760366?postcount=156 but as late as 1947 this was the case

For those who do not know, Lahore was Muslim majority city.

When instead of facing problems, you shed tears for whether some guys are touched or not touched, what will you achieve.

Nov 2016
Indus Valley, Pakistan
What do you think is the reason on that average of the Pakistani being more likely to be murderers than the Indians?
We are Muslims. We are commanded to kill. It's Saturday and I am feeling charitable. This should make your day.

First of all it is a fact not something my opinion.
Whatever. I am not going to edify your post with full reply. Just remind you that I can 'mine' plenty on India. And I hold the 250 million starving, bonded, enslaved Dalits in India in high respect. You should too.

Nov 2016
Indus Valley, Pakistan
Historically, what is today Pakistan was on fringes of settled civilization.
Fringes? Every square mile of Pakistan is dense with unrivaled ancient history. The Indus is one of the fathers of civilization. Fringe? Okay here goes. Where is?

IVC?
Harrapa?
Mohenjo Daro?
Mehr Garh?
Gandhara?
Taxila?
Sirkap?

Where was Alexander fought to a standstill? Where was the Greek Kingdoms in South Asia? where did Helenism meet Buddhism and create somethng fantastic? Etc etc. Yes, it was all in what is now Pakistan. Oh and Vedic culture which is what gave birth to Hindusm flourished first in what is Pakistan (indus Valley) and then moved down into the Ganga Valley.

Honestly, don't let your hatred get into way of facts, please. Rivalry has it's place but let us try to retain some objectivity.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Vajraditya, you will have to pardon me, but in my humble opinion that thread is a mess, I tried to follow it, but I think that at this time only Indians and Pakistanis are able to do it. That thread became a classic example of “my country is pretty than yours” thread.

We are Muslims. We are commanded to kill. It's Saturday and I am feeling charitable. This should make your day.
Please, don’t use that irony often. Some people might not understand it.

Anyway, I have already posted in this thread a couple of times, and I even didn’t address to the main question…

So…

Countries I despise: None that I can remember now...
Governments of Countries that I despise: This list would be long…

Countries that I respect: Usually the last one that I read about…

Nov 2016
Indus Valley, Pakistan
Yeh, thanks for that. It's good advice. I guess I get tired of seeing the "Muslim [< insert whatever blame you want >]".

But your right.

May 2017
India
Vajraditya, you will have to pardon me, but in my humble opinion that thread is a mess, I tried to follow it, but I think that at this time only Indians and Pakistanis are able to do it. That thread became a classic example of “my country is pretty than yours” thread.

Anyway, I have already posted in this thread a couple of times, and I even didn’t address to the main question…

So…

Countries I despise: None that I can remember now...
Governments of Countries that I despise: This list would be long…

Countries that I respect: Usually the last one that I read about…
It all depends on how you see things. Can you deny any of things mentioned by me? Try that.

May 2017
India
Fringes? Every square mile of Pakistan is dense with unrivaled ancient history. The Indus is one of the fathers of civilization. Fringe? Okay here goes. Where is?

IVC?
Harrapa?
Mohenjo Daro?
Mehr Garh?
Gandhara?
Taxila?
Sirkap?

Where was Alexander fought to a standstill? Where was the Greek Kingdoms in South Asia? where did Helenism meet Buddhism and create somethng fantastic? Etc etc. Yes, it was all in what is now Pakistan. Oh and Vedic culture which is what gave birth to Hindusm flourished first in what is Pakistan (indus Valley) and then moved down into the Ganga Valley.

Honestly, don't let your hatred get into way of facts, please. Rivalry has it's place but let us try to retain some objectivity.

A simple question. Tell me a single native dynasty from Pakistan which can compare medium empires from India like Palas and Cholas, I am being generous here, not demanding Mauryan and Gupta type empires.

And your beloved Gandhara got its scripts,religion and urban tradition from Gangetic India.

Afrasiyab

Ad Honorem
Sep 2007
First of all it is a fact not something my opinion.

For every hundred thousand people, only 3 murders take place in India.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjqntCPjpDUAhWJLo8KHcluAhYQFghUMAc&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftimesofindia.indiatimes.com%2Findia%2FMurder-count-in-India-falls-to-its-lowest-level-since-1960s%2Farticleshow%2F48635001.cms&usg=AFQjCNEcjOfAwQKtTSP8aI19nrrzjrzxdA&sig2=Z7xX3C-VZ3R7W3GTS8vCFQ

While in Pakistan this is more than double.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj06NXpj5DUAhWJpo8KHRUWBZcQFggjMAA&url=https://tribune.com.pk/story/694501/homicides-in-2012-pakistan-worst-in-south-asia/&usg=AFQjCNFhhdQNTdB8S6bG7C6Dn-BsPCGRVA&sig2=RScwBbw7zgwGnmLV7H08wA

Reason is that Pakistanis are mainly descendants of tribals who were much into violence till 19th century, British rule made them settled somewhat but old habits die hard.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiPpd-ujpDUAhVFto8KHb4vCewQFghHMAY&url=https://tribune.com.pk/story/890089/8-pakistani-cities-feature-in-worlds-deadliest-cities-index/&usg=AFQjCNFHKmgUdZU79EKOcfXW22_ZjytuCA&sig2=DCY9bRnFPkOq3ymaueUPpA

8 Pakistani cities most dangerous cities of world.

Pakistan is one of rare cases where literacy is decreasing per year

https://t.co/ZZD3ANfVsF

Now for this I have explanation. If people with far less HDI, GNP per capita and much violent rates shed tears for some people in India(Bullit's untouchable concern is so touching) then it is natural that they will achieve things like this.

Do you really want to see a 70-year-old country leave behind its people and die? Have you learnt nothing from Syria? I know it's hard to see Pakistanis as humanbeings but trust me... THEY ARE!

They are people. They are like you, or us.

And I don't know about you but I would be pretty shaken up right now.

Whatever the cause of their current sh-t is... I don't care. All I care about is Pakistan's wellbeing. And dear Pakistanis, all I want you to do is to get well! ALL I WANT!

And what really bothers me as to think of these Indians out there who don't see Pakistanis as people, and if anything ever happens to Pakistan, India can kiss my as* BECAUSE IF ANYTHING EVER HAPPENS TO HER I am blowing up the entire city of Mumbai.

I don't care what anyone says...I love Pakistanis!
If they ever start committing suicide attacks because of f-cking Indians, I will kill myself too, taking down thousands of Hindus with me!

Get well, Pakistan!
The world needs to know that Pakistan has still supporters...PAKISTAN needs to know that she still has her supporters.

I love you Pakistanis, just know that, OK?

Leave Pakistan alone!

May 2017
India

Whatever. I am not going to edify your post with full reply. Just remind you that I can 'mine' plenty on India. And I hold the 250 million starving, bonded, enslaved Dalits in India in high respect. You should too.
I respect even tribals of Punjab who were enslaved,bonded by Hindu and sikhs as late as 1947. That is why 78 out of 80 insurance companies were in hands of Hindu-Sikhs and not Punjabi tribals.

And I care for so many murders of Pakistanis who as proven are starving, ill and illiterate. You should care for them more than I because they are your countrymen.

Jan 2016
India
Do you really want to see a 70-year-old country leave behind its people and die? Have you learnt nothing from Syria? I know it's hard to see Pakistanis as humanbeings but trust me... THEY ARE!

They are people. They are like you, or us.

And I don't know about you but I would be pretty shaken up right now.

Whatever the cause of their current sh-t is... I don't care. All I care about is Pakistan's wellbeing. And dear Pakistanis, all I want you to do is to get well! ALL I WANT!

And what really bothers me as to think of these Indians out there who don't see Pakistanis as people, and if anything ever happens to Pakistan, India can kiss my as* BECAUSE IF ANYTHING EVER HAPPENS TO HER I am blowing up the entire city of Mumbai.

I don't care what anyone says...I love Pakistanis!
If they ever start committing suicide attacks because of f-cking Indians, I will kill myself too, taking down thousands of Hindus with me!

Get well, Pakistan!
The world needs to know that Pakistan has still supporters...PAKISTAN needs to know that she still has her supporters.

I love you Pakistanis, just know that, OK?

Leave Pakistan alone!
Is this kind of emotional, passionate, stupid and highly opinionated rant even relevant to a history forum? Most of Vajraditya's assertions, which were all actually based on proper historical evidence, were in response to Bullit's rants against India in this thread and several others; so your response comes off as as worthless as any.

Status
Closed