Which country defeated Nazism?

Status
Closed
Jun 2019
Taiga
America, Britain, France, China, Japan, Africa, Penguins ....
or ... another?
------
interesting to hear the numbers.
:nerd:

Feb 2019
Serbia
I've noticed the OP joined the forum today and this is one of his first posts, so: Welcome to the forum!

To address the original question: Beside it being a joint effort I say that the USSR did the most, this is not to undermine or bash the efforts of other allied powers.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Joint effort. Boring answer, but still true.
Indeed.

I don’t know what is the answer that the OP pretends to achieve in this thread or in this (Who defeated Japan in the 2nd World War?), but obviously in a war were many countries participated with huge resources, human and material, searching for only one country is to search for a lie. We can argue that country A or country B made a bigger effort, and sustain that rigorously with numbers, but in a conflict were multiple countries participated the answer also as to be multiple.

Anyway, if I had to choose solely one, I would say Portugal, and I already stated this in other similar thread.

America, Britain, France, China, Japan, Africa, Penguins ....
or ... another?
Sorry to nit pick but Africa isn't a country. America is also a continent even if often used instead of USA. Not sure about the Penguins!

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
I assume you’re trying to make a clever point by leaving the USSR out of your list.
Motivation for the entire post is still unknown it seems. I'm seriously hoping they know Penguins, Africa, Japan and France shouldn't be there?

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Motivation for the entire post is still unknown it seems. I'm seriously hoping they know Penguins, Africa, Japan and France shouldn't be there?
To be honest I get really vexed by this sort of thread. Everybody with any knowledge appreciates Russia’s contribution to victory while at the same time recognising that they were happy to stay on the sidelines until Hitler attacked. What’s Russian for needy?

Sep 2016
Georgia
Everybody with any knowledge appreciates Russia’s contribution to victory while at the same time recognising that they were happy to stay on the sidelines until Hitler attacked.
That is the same thing that Britain, France and USA did. However, those hypocritical nations still love to talk about their ,, glorious '' fight against Hitler.

Status
Closed