Which country is more powerful today: Germany or China?

China or Germany: More powerful nation today?

• China

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Oct 2014
Toronto
Which country is more powerful today globally overall (combining economic, political, and military power): China or Germany?

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
This is a non starter, China

Its always amusing when vastly different "objects" , in this case, countries, are considered to be "in the same category"...

China is more of a continent than a country.....Its about 25 times the size of Germany, it has about 16 times the population.... it really does not make much sense to compare them.... A more relevant comparison would be China to EU or China to US

Just one small example quoted elsewhere.. Starting from scratch in 2008 China has build more high speed train mileage than all of the rest of the world combined since forever, and 10 times more than Germany... On average in one year China has built more miles of high speed rail than Germany has in 30 years....

Oct 2016
Merryland
agree wi Edratman
but while we're here
China hugely bigger and reasonably close in (military) technology.
better question, China or Russia?

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
China, militarily and as a regional sphere of influence. I would say they are likely better off economically as well.

Dec 2017
Regnum Teutonicum
Military: China
Relationships/Alliances: Germany
Trade: draw
Law/legal great power status: Germany
Production: China
Technology: Germany
Megaprojects: China
Space: manned China/unmanned Germany
Population: China
Cultural influence: Germany
Energy transition: draw
Crisis resistance: China short term/Germany long term
Territorial expansion: China
Health care: Germany
Nuclear: China
Education: Germany
Tourism: draw (?)

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
In short One can say China has the stronger military therefore they are stronger compared to Germany.

Economically speaking it appears Germany beats China, Germany is well known for its free and or low-cost workers training programs so they deserve some credit there.

China is on the rise though it seems .

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
Hope you are having a nice day friend.

Wrt China poverty can be an issue and we do not see this as much out of Germany. There are a decent # of billionaires in China but there are also poor Chinese people. There has been some recent hope for the Chinese working class though,

China’s middle class is exploding

Economically speaking Germany is better compared to China. A country like China can be rich, but while China is richer compared to Germany we can see that Germany provides a higher standing of living to its people compared to China. One can also imagine that your average International student would rather be studying and enjoying life in Germany compared to Communist China. China is nowhere to be seen on the following list, nor is the USA. I love and admire the Mandarin Language, I admire the various cultures of China, but I for one would visit Germany first before I visit China.

These 10 countries have the best quality of life

Germany is # 10 on that list above in terms of countries with the best quality of life.

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Hope you are having a nice day friend.

Wrt China poverty can be an issue and we do not see this as much out of Germany. There are a decent # of billionaires in China but there are also poor Chinese people. There has been some recent hope for the Chinese working class though,

China’s middle class is exploding

Economically speaking Germany is better compared to China. A country like China can be rich, but while China is richer compared to Germany we can see that Germany provides a higher standing of living to its people compared to China. One can also imagine that your average International student would rather be studying and enjoying life in Germany compared to Communist China. China is nowhere to be seen on the following list, nor is the USA. I love and admire the Mandarin Language, I admire the various cultures of China, but I for one would visit Germany first before I visit China.

These 10 countries have the best quality of life

Germany is # 10 on that list above in terms of countries with the best quality of life.
Economically speaking I provided three sources above your post that flat out said China was doing better than Germany. You should have read them.

"Economically speaking" doesn't mean joy in life. Frankly, I don't think anybody cares about which country's citizens enjoys their lives most in a discussion about economics, its a completely arbitrary description anyway. "Economically speaking" isn't, its a calculation of various analytics that speak a little more concise than "I'm a happy German!"

Next, are you going to find an engineer to tell me I'm wrong?