Which historical person would you like to drink a beer with?

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
Hitler.

I’d spit the beer in his face and then proceed to beat and torture him. A haymaker to drop him, and a few kicks to the rips... Not sure what I’d start on next, I’ve never tortured anyone before.

Suggestions?
Tell him how much you generally love and admire artists - and then add that his paintings are (long, long, long pause) "Kind of okay... I guess". That's a soul crusher, right there. Supposedly, he was afraid of cats - to the extent that some think it crossed the line into 'phobia' - so I think maybe a basket of adorable kittens may do the trick as well?

Jan 2017
Sydney
in January 1913 a man whose passport bore the name Stavros Papadopoulos disembarked from the train at Vienna's North Terminal station.
he stayed at 30 Schonbrunner schossstrase with Jewish contact , and walked in the near by
imperial Schonbrunner gardens , watching the old emperor franz josef on his customary morning ride
there certainly were secret policemen watching him , he was notorious as a hardened revolutionary with a brutal blood drenched style of fundraising

less obvious , a miserable failed artist , then living at the doss house for the homeless at 27 mendelstrasse having no money for any other entertainment would often watch the morning parade

It is not known if joseph duglashvili , then a major concern for all European polices met the failure that was Mr Hitler

I would certainly have liked to have them exchanging small talk on a bench about the nationalities questions
it was the subject of a book Stalin was writing and became a major concern of the ex painter

Last edited:
Hitler.

I’d spit the beer in his face and then proceed to beat and torture him. A haymaker to drop him, and a few kicks to the rips... Not sure what I’d start on next, I’ve never tortured anyone before.

Suggestions?
This is interesting. Go back to the days when Hitler was a homeless tramp on the streets of Vienna. Offer him some booze. Then offer him some more booze. Then get him totally addicted to booze so that he can't find a way out of it. I do admit this would change the course of history.

Similar History Discussions