Dec 2017
Россия
Hi there! please, help me to find out the nazi camp where the photo was taken:
1577804132614.png
I've found a similar but bigger one:
фото 22.jpg
Are they really the same?
It's written on the second one, that the place is Belsen, but according to the
Bildbericht aus fünf Konzentrationslagern the first one was taken in Gardelegen...
I need to know where these two were taken precisely. Thank you in advance.

Nov 2016
Germany
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the photos show the excavation of a mass grave by German civilians under the supervision of American soldiers. It takes place at a barn near the village of Gardelegen, where 1,016 Jews were murdered in April 1945. Originally they were in transit to three concentration camps, including Bergen-Belsen. But on the way the Nazis decided to kill the Jews.

This is a photo of the excavation:

1577806553740.png

Last edited:
Dec 2017
Россия
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the photos show the excavation of a mass grave by German civilians under the supervision of American soldiers. It takes place at a barn near the village of Gardelegen, where 1,016 Jews were murdered in April 1945. Originally they were in transit to three concentration camps, including Bergen-Belsen. But on the way the Nazis decided to kill the Jews.

This is a photo of the excavation:

View attachment 25877
Your photo is the same taken from another spot?

Nov 2016
Germany
Your photo is the same taken from another spot?
I assume the photo you show was taken behind the barn where the mass grave is located (red marker by me). The killing of the 1,016 Jews lasted several hours. It must have been hell.

1577856955410.png

Gerhard Thiele, head of the NSDAP of the Gardelegen district, then 35, ordered the massacre. In January 1946 he went into hiding and lived in Düsseldorf as a pensioner with a false identity. From 1991, he was under investigation by the Magdeburg Regional Court and the Stendal public prosecutor's office. It was not until 1997, three years after his death, that his true identity could be discovered.

1577857908152.png

Last edited:

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
are you sure it's from a camp ?
the first picture has prisoner in civilians clothing both as the dead and the one digging .
the bodies behind the barn have the camp clothes
the barn picture have men standing wearing what seems to be US uniforms
while the first one has a guy who seems to be wearing the horse riding breeches dear to German officers
Tamnuz might be on something

Last edited:
Nov 2016
Germany
the first picture has prisoner in civilians clothing both as the dead and the one digging .
are you sure it's from a camp ?
Your question is probably addressed to Anne. I can answer it in such a way that the workers - as I have already written - are German civilians after the end of the war who, under the supervision of American soldiers, excavate the murdered victims. The scene is not a concentration camp, but a barn near the village of Gardelegen. The victims had been murdered on their way to camps and therefore wore civilian clothes.

Tamnuz might be on something
It´s simply fact what I write.

Here German inhabitants of Gardelegen are forced by American soldiers to have a look at the grave and the corpses. The purpose was to make clear to the Germans what crimes the Nazis had committed.

1577868006720.png

German civilians, carrying one of the corpses:

1577868803347.png

I made this Google Earth screenshot of the site:

1577869228405.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 2016
Germany
I have made this sketch, which shows the situation on the photos:

Red = mass grave
Black = excavated bodies
Blue = barn

1577881767605.png

is this guy an american ?
I don´t think so. The Americans wear helmets.

Last edited: