Which of German death camps was Polish ???

Whether Poles and Jews loved each other or disliked each other before WW2 is of no or little relevance to this discussion.

Just because you dislike your neighbour doesn't mean you are guilty when someone else breaks into his house and kills him.

Nov 2011
Well if the Jews were so dreadful, I suppose you should be grateful to the Germans for having rid you of most of them. But the sort of attitudes that I see in your posts are probably better suited for internal consumption in Poland than among foreigners, with whom they are liable to be counter-productive.
You must be quite desperate! :lol: Poland belongs to Latin civilization characterized by professor Koneczny as quincunx- truth, goodness, beauty, health, and prosperity. You are saying that seeking the truth is "an attitude better suited for internal consumption in Poland than among foreigners" Are you saying that foreigners don't deserve the truth? Haven't you noticed that I have mostly quoted English speaking Jewish historians? No more :deadhorse:

Enjoy Historum,

Last edited:
Well if the Jews were so dreadful, I suppose you should be grateful to the Germans for having rid you of most of them.
And then we should be grateful to the Soviets for having rid us of the Germans? No thanks, we can take care of our own business. Not to mention that both Germany and the Soviet Union killed and persecuted also millions of Christian Poles, you keep insulting their memory with comments such as the one above.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
I fail to see how that comment was insulting to Christian Poles, you and you colleague have been revealing the 'brutal truth' to us about the Jews in Poland, and if it was indeed the case that the |Jews were largely responsible for any hostility that they encountered for Poles, it would follow that you must think that you are well rid of them!

Watch this documentary:

Normal people just want to live their lifes in peaceful coexistence with their neighbours.

That's what the vast majority of Polish Jews and Christian Poles wanted, like everyone.

Anti-Semitic Poles and Anti-Polish Jews were small minorities of respective populations.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
You must be quite desperate! :lol: Poland belongs to Latin civilization characterized by professor Koneczny as quincunx- truth, goodness, beauty, health, and prosperity. You are saying that seeking the truth is "an attitude better suited for internal consumption in Poland than among foreigners" Are you saying that foreigners don't deserve the truth? Haven't you noticed that I have mostly quoted English speaking Jewish historians? No more :deadhorse:

Enjoy Historum,
There is a difference between seeking the truth and one sided apologetics that is designed to cast the blame for all unfortunate actions or attitudes on the 'other'. I was merely suggesting that apologetics of that kind can be counter-productive with outsiders, who might, on the other hand, be entirely willing to accept the complexities of the situation with regard to the Poles and Jews, and understand how it may have given rise to tensions and hostilities.

Last edited:
and understand how it may have given rise to tensions and hostilities.
Every society, especially multi-ethnic, has tensions and hostilities. In the USA you have Black Lives Matter. Or the Chicano Movement. And #MeToo which is a manifestation of the growing gap and dying dialogue between the genders (gender-based hatred). I'm sure tensions and hostilities in Western societies today are stronger than in Inter-War Poland between Poles and Jews. It doesn't mean you are going to have major genocides soon in the West. At least I hope so. In Poland Nazi Germany invaded us and exterminated our Jews. That's what happened and it is a historical fact.

Shall I also mention that before and after Brexit there were numerous incidents of ethnic violence against Poles in Britain?

Brits were never particularly fond of Poles, by the way. Shortly after WW1 Chamberlain called Poles "monkeys".

Last edited:
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
No one is suggesting, as far as I know, that any anti-Semitism that there may have been in Poland between the wars was responsible for the mass-murder of Polish and other Jews by the Nazis; the very idea is absurd.

Rabbi Boteach is talking about Polish-Jewish relations with PM Morawiecki:

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5147104,00.html

No one is suggesting, as far as I know, that any anti-Semitism that there may have been in Poland between the wars was responsible for the mass-murder of Polish and other Jews by the Nazis; the very idea is absurd.
Ok. So what's the problem? Jews should move on and stop being perpetual victims.

Everyone is tired and almost all witnesses of WW2 are dead. Focus on life not death.

When Israeli school trips visit Poland, they only go to KL Auschwitz and not to all other places related to Jewish history and culture. They are focusing on death and not on life. It's really time to move on because we are almost a century after WW2.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions