Which of the enemies that the US fought during the 20th century was the least repulsive?

Which of the enemies that the US fought during the 20th century was the least repulsive?

• The Central Powers (Germany and Austria-Hungary)

• The Axis Powers (Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Imperial Japan, and some minor Axis countries)

• North Korea

• North Vietnam

• Saddam Hussein's Iraq

Results are only viewable after voting.

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Axis Powers should be separated.
American opinions on Japan was very different than fighting Italy
True. The "Axis" also consisted of Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria,Thailand, Finland and Vichy France whose ships fired on Anglo-American forces landing in Morocco.

Last edited:
Reactions: Futurist

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Yeah, with the exception of killing Ethiopia's cognitive elite, Mussolini was actually extremely mild for a totalitarian dictator:

Mussolini Did Nothing Wrong
Fluff article justifying murder.

Yeah but being better than Nazi German or Stalin;'s Russia does not justify murder, political repression,.

Well estblished a facist dictatorship that was happy to murder, torture, and beat up anyone it did not like. Actual numbers executions ignore direct murders.
Jews weres tripped of citzenship in 1938, and had lareg number of pother restrictions.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Fluff article justifying murder.

Yeah but being better than Nazi German or Stalin;'s Russia does not justify murder, political repression,.

Well estblished a facist dictatorship that was happy to murder, torture, and beat up anyone it did not like. Actual numbers executions ignore direct murders.
How many people were murdered by Mussolini? Also, I'm excluding Ethiopia and Libya here since colonialism and racism against non-Whites was hardly unusual by the standards of those times--though Italy certainly went overboard with its atrocities in Ethiopia even by the standards of those days.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm not actually excusing murder. I'm simply pointing out that Mussolini's crimes were much milder than those of Hitler and Stalin. Obviously he could have avoided the crimes that he did commit, though.

Jews weres tripped of citzenship in 1938, and had lareg number of pother restrictions.
Yes, and that was done under Nazi pressure. So, it was certainly very unpleasant and probably inexcusable, but to Mussolini's credit, he didn't actually deport the Jews under his rule to either death camps or concentration camps.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, I think that the comments to that article about Mussolini that I linked to paint a bit more accurate picture of Mussolini and his crimes.