Which Reforms did Nasser carry out in Egypt to gain support?

Jun 2019
California
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if Nasser carried out all of these reforms or just sone of them. I know that he limited agricultural land ownership to 200 acres of land to each person and redistributed land held in excess to landless peasants. I know that he abolished civil titles like pasha and bey. However, I'm not sure if he banned and replaced all political parties with one massive organization, held free elections with multiple candidates and permitted women to vote. The last two seem a bit off to me, but if someone knowledgeable on the subject could please tell me what reforms Nasser carried out to gain power in Egypt, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Jun 2017
Connecticut
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if Nasser carried out all of these reforms or just sone of them. I know that he limited agricultural land ownership to 200 acres of land to each person and redistributed land held in excess to landless peasants. I know that he abolished civil titles like pasha and bey. However, I'm not sure if he banned and replaced all political parties with one massive organization, held free elections with multiple candidates and permitted women to vote. The last two seem a bit off to me, but if someone knowledgeable on the subject could please tell me what reforms Nasser carried out to gain power in Egypt, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Did you just post a thread for every question on a quiz? Very rarely does the "true or false" question comes up in any other context.

Similar History Discussions