Which territories that the US never actually acquired were ever on the radar of US expansionists?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Which territories that the US never actually acquired were ever on the radar of US expansionists?

So far, I could think of Canada, Cuba, northern Mexico, Yucatan, and Santo Domingo. However, were there ever any additional territories that the US never actually acquired and that were on the radar of US expansionists at some point in time?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Didn't the area that the Knights of the Golden Circle wanted include the entirety of Central America?
Based on the information here and here, though, it appears that the proponents of this idea were also advocating in favor of Southern secession as a part of this:

Knights of the Golden Circle - Wikipedia

Golden Circle (proposed country) - Wikipedia

Thus, this idea would have counted here if it wouldn't have actually had secession from the US as one of its components.

Frank81

Ad Honorem
Feb 2010
Canary Islands-Spain
Baja California

William Walker, and adventurer, planned conquering Baja and Sonora and making them a slave republic. His party was defeated

During the US-Mexico war, the purpose was adquring Baja California, which was effectively occupied. However, by the treatyf of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, American troops left the area

Feb 2014
Miami
The slave holders of Dixieland prior to the civil war wanted Cuba, most of northern unpopulated areas in Mexico including Baja California, and a lot of the small Central America states that were ripe for the picking.

I think a goal of the war of 1812 was to try to yank New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I think one of the between ww1 and ww2 proposed plans was invasion and annexation of Canada.

Usa tried to buy Greenland from Denmark.

Sicily wanted to secede Italy and join usa