Which wars were primarily or exclusively fought on behalf of settler colonialism?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Which wars were primarily or exclusively fought on behalf of settler colonialism? So far, I could think of:

-The Mexican-American War.
-Britain's and the US's wars with the Native Americans.
-World War II (at least in Europe).
-The Israeli War of Independence and the subsequent wars that Israel fought.
-France's wars in Algeria.
-It's possible that Europeans' wars with Native Americans would also qualify for this, but I don't know just how much of a factor settler colonialism was for European countries other than Britain in the Americas.
-It's possible that some of Russia's wars would qualify for this--though I don't know for which Russian wars, if any, settler colonialism was a prime factor.

Anyway, what other examples of this am I forgetting to list here?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
-It's possible that Europeans' wars with Native Americans would also qualify for this, but I don't know just how much of a factor settler colonialism was for European countries other than Britain in the Americas.
For all. Just for all. Spanish, Portuguese, French, Dutch, English… if it wasn’t the European powers wouldn’t had send colonists there.

Julius Caesar in Gaul seems to fit the bill
Indeed.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Japan’s war for Korea and Taiwan and her other colonial possessions was an attempt to imitate the west colonialism before she was shut down by the USA.
Was the goal ever to settle large numbers of Japanese there, though?