Which was the first country to abolish the death penalty

Nov 2014
Cyberspace
It is true what the friend says, so when they tell me about abused children sexually abused by adults, those who practice these acts I am in favor of the death penalty in which country the death penalty is practiced.

Not long ago I watched a show in which a 4 year old girl was raped by 29 year old. She was bleeding getting 5 stitches on external area of her anus and 10 stitches on her intestine. People of small city of Yakutsk in eastern Siberia went on strike wanting to lynch the man. The man got 21 years sentence in jail. He was asking to send him to jail of another region fearing for his life in Yakutian jails. Life won't be easy for him in jail in comparison to other prisoners. I think that's a fair punishment.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
There is nothing wrong in death penalties, people who do unpardonable crimes deserve them. Terrorists who killed scores of people deserve death penalties.

Nov 2014
Cyberspace
There is nothing wrong in death penalties, people who do unpardonable crimes deserve them. Terrorists who killed scores of people deserve death penalties.
Even then human rights activists will cry about death penalties. It happened in the past. These activists should finance the imprisonment of worst criminals instead of crying.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Actually the death penalty was not abolished in Portugal until 1976.

Abolitionist and Retentionist Countries | Death Penalty Information Center

Friend Belgarion is right in what it says, but at the time of the Portuguese monarchy it was abolished in 1867 with the birth of the Portuguese Republic on October 5, 1910 by the time she returned I do not know if it was in the time of the Portuguese dictatorship António Oliveira Salazar, I know how to say That in the time of Salazar and Marcelo Caetano a married woman if she was caught in the act by her husband, he could kill his wife and he would not pay only that he could not kill his lover, I was afraid I would hear about it, Of no case until 1974 was 15 years of age was going to be 16 years in 1974 also I can say that the information tv or newspapers did not speak on this subject because of the dictatorship that Portugal lived, but also I know if a Portuguese seija political or A killer picks up 25 years in jail another day. Maybe another day was the death penalty, I can also say that here in the port city had the police station P.I.D.E police taken to the station has the cemetery many were there to stop, then said that they died of disease.
At that time, if a Portuguese accused him of his country, and it reached the ears of the political police, the poor bastard was soon dear and then he never heard of the person who was preza I know it was like that in my country after April 25 Of 1974 was modified much in Portugal on the freedom to the labor exploitation if it was developed more. On the death penalty it still exists today in the world, in the military of each country.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Not long ago I watched a show in which a 4 year old girl was raped by 29 year old. She was bleeding getting 5 stitches on external area of her anus and 10 stitches on her intestine. People of small city of Yakutsk in eastern Siberia went on strike wanting to lynch the man. The man got 21 years sentence in jail. He was asking to send him to jail of another region fearing for his life in Yakutian jails. Life won't be easy for him in jail in comparison to other prisoners. I think that's a fair punishment.
Friend in the Portuguese jails, they treat well the health of the pedófilos is what they deserve, but by me I ordered to iliminar all the pedófilos and assassins that Portugal has in its chains, did a total cleaning.
These beasts do not deserve to live.

Pendennis

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Peter Graham-Have you read Oscar Wilde's marvellous long poem based on his incarceration for homosexuality (when it was a crime in Gt Britain) called ''THE BALLAD OF READING JAIL;;?
Wilde's lines -The vilest deeds like poison weeds
Bloom well in prison air-it is only
what is good in man that wastes
and withers there....''
How true.
The biggest weakness in the pro death penalty argument is the constant statistics produced by Amnesty INTERNATIONAL '' that shows that places like Texas which has one of the highest execution rates in the world also has the highest homicide rates so claims that the death penalty deters folks from murderng are wrong.
That said,back in the 1950's/60's in Brtain when the 1957 Homicide Act made the execution of cop or prison officers a mandatory death penalty offence in Britain, gangs in towns like London used to have one member shake down each gang member for weapons so that they could not use a shooter during a robbery. So there, the threat of mandatory execution did deter some criminals from using deadly weapons.
Under the 1957 Homicide Act too shootng anyone during a robbery was also a mandatory execution offence.

Pendennis

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
Kirkcaldy, Scotland
''Terrorists who kill people deserve death penalties..'' I can sympathise with that but in Scotland since stats on murder were kept the vast majority of murders take place within families-i.e. most murder victims personally know or are related to the killer.
The family environs-not the city streets on Saturday night-are/were the most murderous place in Scotland and this complicated the death penalty issue before Capital punishment was abolished in 1966 in Scotand

Jan 2015
meo
Even then human rights activists will cry about death penalties. It happened in the past. These activists should finance the imprisonment of worst criminals instead of crying.
No, these activist should live in the same cell of the worst criminals. No guard, no camera and no extra punishment no matter what the criminals do and we will see the "good nature" of these so called "lost human".