Who are the teachers on the site?

Aug 2015
Indianapolis
Not officially, but I've been told that myself or my brother could be History teachers without needing the Degrees haha. I think I wouldn't have much problem going in there and teaching proper High School or certain College-level History classes.

You could, perhaps, be a guest lecturer, but there is so much more to an education degree than knowing the content. Unfortunately, the content is maybe 50%, or less, of the job. Classroom management, pedagogy, legal issues, special education issues, high ability/gifted and talented differentiation...the list goes on and on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oct 2011
the middle ground
You could, perhaps, be a guest lecturer, but there is so much more to an education degree than knowing the content. Unfortunately, the content is maybe 50%, or less, of the job. Classroom management, pedagogy, legal issues, special education issues, high ability/gifted and talented differentiation...the list goes on and on.
Aye. That is what the teachers I know all say: the subject matter is the easy part. :)

Feb 2017
New England
Hi all, while not an instructor (yet), I'll be teaching university-level history in about a year and a half. My training is in World history and modern Europe (namely France), with secondary experience in modern Asia. In the fall I was a teaching assistant for a broad sweep of Asian history, now I'm a teaching assistant for World War II in the Pacific, and next semester I'll be an assistant for the World since 1945. I hope you're all doing well!

History and Civics teacher for 20 years after I retired from 20 years as a U S Army infantryman. I had the honor of teaching about several historical events that I was present in . That includes the American Russian Tank standoff at C P Charlie on Oct. 27 1961

Sep 2012
Dalmatia Interior
Hello everyone,

Old member of forum here (4 years I think :D ), but still in young age (28 years). History and Latin language teacher, I teach US History and History of Modern Europe at University, and Latin language at high school, went through all formal and informal educative programs I could, obtained MA degree at age 23, has state exams for history teacher as well as state curatorial exam. So far so good. This fall, I attack on Phd. It's time. Eamus amici, victoria nostra est! :D

Sep 2012
Dalmatia Interior
And..by chance, if you ask how someone from Dalmatia Interior (That is Bosnia) teaches US History...well..we do have American University here. ;) So classes are on English language as well. ;)

Apr 2017
Sioux City, IA
I have taught university level American and World Civilisations. At present, I am on full Disability from the State due to some vicious medical problems. Hopefully that will not always be the case. Right now, I am doing some writing.

Oct 2014
California
With all the misunderstanding about the California mission program, here in (Alta) California, I try and teach the way it actually happened at every opportunity. Casual lectures, not classrooms. ;)

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Well, I don´t know if there are teachers in this forum or not.. but if t there was one, I would like to ask...

Is it not bored to be a teacher? they are always telling the same history, year after year, decade after decade...they are getting old, year after year, decade after decade, whilst their audience they always have the same age... year after year.. decade after decade...

Oh my God! it is as a curse... as the myth of Sisyphus... Terrible... more than a job, it looks as a penalty...

Similar History Discussions