Who are the teachers on the site?

Wenge

Ad Honoris
Apr 2011
Virginia
Well, I don´t know if there are teachers in this forum or not.. but if t there was one, I would like to ask...

Is it not bored to be a teacher? they are always telling the same history, year after year, decade after decade...they are getting old, year after year, decade after decade, whilst their audience they always have the same age... year after year.. decade after decade...

Oh my God! it is as a curse... as the myth of Sisyphus... Terrible... more than a job, it looks as a penalty...
It all depends on how much you enjoy imparting knowledge to young people. For me it is not boring. In fact from class to class the job becomes easier because I have learned so much more to be able to teach.

Remember, teachers are simply perpetual students. Every day is a learning experience.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Well, I don´t know if there are teachers in this forum or not.. but if t there was one, I would like to ask...

Is it not bored to be a teacher? they are always telling the same history, year after year, decade after decade...they are getting old, year after year, decade after decade, whilst their audience they always have the same age... year after year.. decade after decade...

Oh my God! it is as a curse... as the myth of Sisyphus... Terrible... more than a job, it looks as a penalty...
Martin,

Every year you have new students and human interactions aren’t always the same, year after year. Both in history and in teaching the human being is in the center, the human being is the focus, not the stories of history. And the teacher not only teaches but it also learns.

It all depends on how much you enjoy imparting knowledge to young people. For me it is not boring. In fact from class to class the job becomes easier because I have learned so much more to be able to teach.

Remember, teachers are simply perpetual students. Every day is a learning experience.
Agreed and well said.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain

Thanks you very much. I´ve always been interested to know a teacher opinion about that. I guess first you must love your work. (I promise for me it would have been impossible to last more than a week).

Tulius,

Every year you have new students and human interactions aren’t always the same, year after year. Both in history and in teaching the human being is in the center, the human being is the focus, not the stories of history. And the teacher not only teaches but it also learns.
Inteactions? :eek::eek: World must have changed a lot from days I was in School!!

My professors and teachers explained the lesson, nothing more. I remember when I was 15 yo to study 100 pages for the first exam in History (From Prehistory to Greece). (and not "stories" or anecdote but history).

I think Mr Wenge is right...you must love what you are doing.. if you don´t like...there´s nothing to do. I think today School is easier than in Eighties.

Similar History Discussions