Who had a better chance of not being conquered, the CSA or Nazi Germany?

Who had a better chance of not being conquered, the CSA or the Nazis?

• Nazi Germany had a better chance of not being conquered than the Confederates States of America.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • The Confederates States of America had a better chance of not being conquered than Nazi Germany.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Both the CSA and Nazi Germany had no chance whatsoever of not being conquered.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Sep 2013
Chattanooga, TN
Who had a better chance of not being conquered, the Confederate States of America in the Civil War or Nazi Germany in World War 2?

My opinion is that Nazi Germany had a better chance of not being conquered than the Confederate States of America. As I recollect, in terms of combat military troops, the Nazis were only outnumbered 2 to 1 while the CSA was outnumbered 3 to 1. I think that the Nazis just were closer matched to the Allies iin resources in all or almost all relevant areas (not just the sheer number of combat troops) than the CSA was matched to the Union.

I think that the nation in WW2 most comparable to the CSA in the Civil War would be the Japanese.

Last edited:

Scaeva

Ad Honorem
Oct 2012
The CSA. It only had to fend off the United States.

Nazi Germany blundered into a war the British Empire, the Soviet Union, and the United States simultaneously.

Oct 2011
MARE PACIFICVM
It depends on when in the history of Nazi Germany you are talking about. Before 1941 I would say that Nazi Germany had a better chance of survival. After the Soviet Union and U.S. had entered the war Germany had zero chance.

Mar 2012
Redneck Country, AKA Texas
Nazi Germany by far. Hitler chose to get in wars with other superpowers that would ultimately overwhelm his country. The CSA, although facing only one enemy, faced one with far more men and resources.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Potentially Nazi Germany.

If I think to the German Armies in 1939 and I compare them with the Armies of the potential enemies I note that, one on one, German Armies had good probabilities to defeat them all.

Furthermore, if I think to a defensive phase of the war, if Hitler wasn't that egomaniac and he didn't scatter on a so wide extension of territory his forces ...

Last but not the least, if Hitler concentrated his military operations in the West, avoiding to attack Russia [preparing the defense against the obviously predictable Russian attack from East] and forgetting about Northern Africa [if not to help Italy to keep Libya with its oil fields], Germany had good probability to stop the Red Army and to contain the return of the allies enough long to avoid the invasion of Germany [and reach a ceasefire ... but you know Hitler ...].

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
CSA.

hitler was always going to keep pushing till the world united against him. it was no accident that Britain, USSR and USA were against him. the essential nature of Nazi rule (Hitler) leading directly to war against the 3 strongest powers on the planet.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
CSA.

hitler was always going to keep pushing till the world united against him. it was no accident that Britain, USSR and USA were against him. the essential nature of Nazi rule (Hitler) leading directly to war against the 3 strongest powers on the planet.
True, but the CSA has nave been able to invade and occupy a large sector of the United States, while Nazi Germany, despite the disproportion with the enemies, was about to occupy France, a large part of Eastern Europe and Northern Africa ...

Feb 2016
Japan
Nazi Germany. Not for any military reasons though.. Once they decided to fight the British empire, USSR and the US all at the same time then the best tanks, troops(which she didn't have) and uniforms wouldn't help them. Just that she was a sovereign legitimate state. If the Nazis had not tried to expand they'd still be in power today. Might even have got away with the holocaust.

CSA was a breakaway rebel state. To survive she'd need outside military and economic assistance from at least one major power and a crumbling of Yankee willpower. The US was, from the outset determined to crush independence and bring them back under northern rule.

Everybody was quiet content to let the Nazis be provided until they started invading everybody. Hitler could have had his 1000 year riech if he had been content to sit back and fight small wars for nibbles of territory.

Last edited: