Who had the greater military minds during their time periods?

Dec 2013
Detroit, Mi.
So I'd like to know guys who in your guys opinion is the greater military minds of their time now I know a lot of people are going to say Atilla, Alexander, Sun Tzu, And Ceaser. But are their any others here are mine which aren't in order from my favorite to least favorite.

1.Alexander The Great
2.Cyrus The Great
3.Fredrick The Great
4.Suvorov
5.Rokossvsky
6.Eric Von Manstein
7.Julius Gaius Ceaser
8.Giap
9.Napoleon
10.Gheorgy Zhukov

Last edited:

Mangekyou

Ad Honorem
Jan 2010
UK
There was an exceptional amount of great military minds in the 16th - 18th centuries, who were expertly versed in warfare as an art. To name a few:

Turenne,
Enghien,
Luxembourg,
Adolphus,
Marlborough,
De Saxe,
Vauban,
Cutts,
Eugene of Savoy,
Maurice of Nassau,
Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar,
Torstensson,
Von Mercy,
Montecuccoli,
Spinola,
Duke of Parma...

M.E.T.H.O.D.

Ad Honorem
Aug 2011
Gaillimh (Ireland)
Regarding countries, Spain had the best military minds of the 16th century: starting from Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba and Fernando d'Avalos to Alessandro Farnese and Fernando Alvarez de Toledo.
All of them were noted for their trailblazing tactics that basically set the military standards of the time and ensured the Spanish domination for over a century

Dec 2013
Detroit, Mi.
I named a few which I know more about during this time period I know of Wellington, just not as much as I'd like to. However I will admit many examples which you all have shown me for generals I've never heard of could you please tell me how I could get more information other than Wikipedia for them?