Who was an important Spartan person while the Peloponnesian War was going on?

May 2019
The Netherlands
I'm looking for an important Spartan male who was crucial for the war and who had a son (or more sons/daughters).
It could be a general for example.

I'm using this for a book I'm planning to make.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 2014
Texas
We know Brasidas had children because there were people alive during the time of Augustus who claimed decent from him....also he wouldn't have been allowed to leave the Pelopennesia unless he had heirs (Spartan rule...why the 300 were all fathers of living sons).

Reactions: SPRs
Mar 2016
Australia
If you're writing a book on the topic, shouldn't you have at least a general history of the war to use for research?

Sep 2014
Texas
EDIT: don't have a clue about if Archidamus had children or not, but my guess is he did.
I know of three....Agis II, Agelaus II and Lampito (she was used in Lysistrata).

The destruction of Plataea at the insistence of Thebes broke him. Agelaus II was so enraged about it, he did everything he could to punish Thebes and eventually ruined Sparta. Archidamus was one of the finest men in Sparta. Thought of Pericles as a friend.

Reactions: NordicDemosthenes
Nov 2011
The Bluff
...also he wouldn't have been allowed to leave the Pelopennesia unless he had heirs (Spartan rule...why the 300 were all fathers of living sons).
That was due to the nature of the mission: they were not expected to return from what was a suicide mission, those selected had to have successors. If that were true, Sparta will have had the bugger of a time finding 5,000 homoioi for Plataia.

Nov 2011
The Bluff
On the question, Endius, the Spartan ephor, was a major figure throughout the war. Involved with peace negotiations in 420; carried the Spartan offer of peace following Kyzokos and was friendly with that Athenian chameleon, Alkibiades. He supported the latter's correct strategy of sending the Spartan fleet to Chios at the Ionian War's beginning.