Who was the most divisive President in history?

Who is the most divisive President?

• Reagan

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Nixon

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • LBJ

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • JFK

• Truman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FDR

• Wilson

• Jackson

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Lincoln

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Fair enough, I suppose.
Hey, your entitled to your opinion. I do believe that most people have a difficult time grasping the scope of things that preceded them, versus their own lived experience. The American Civil War is one of those events, fortunately, where one can watch documentaries and read an exhaustive amount of literature. You probably know Futurist that the casualties for the Civil War (dead and wounded) exceed all other American conflicts combined. There had to be something quite divisive to cause men to die and be maimed at that level. Whatever the situations within the last generation or so, nothing rises to that level for me. But that's just my opinion.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Hey, your entitled to your opinion. I do believe that most people have a difficult time grasping the scope of things that preceded them, versus their own lived experience. The American Civil War is one of those events, fortunately, where one can watch documentaries and read an exhaustive amount of literature. You probably know Futurist that the casualties for the Civil War (dead and wounded) exceed all other American conflicts combined. There had to be something quite divisive to cause men to die and be maimed at that level. Whatever the situations within the last generation or so, nothing rises to that level for me. But that's just my opinion.
Actually, I agree with you that the American Civil War and its aftermath was the second most monumental event in US history--right behind the Founding Era (which is when the US acquired its independence and wrote a constitution).