Who will be the next rising superpower

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
US will not even countenance the rise of another superpower, I don't think. The most anyone can become, in the near, foreseeable future, is a great power.
..agreed, but just in case a natural disaster shall destroy it, I think it shall be the U.K. in collaboration with other Anglophones.

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
Worse threats have been levied and more dangerous acts have been conducted by both sides since the 1990s. We are in rather tame times.
Not really, it is just that the battle field right now is the Middle East. The resolution of issues must be one at a time, and lets see what shall happen.

Oct 2013
Canada
Not really, it is just that the battle field right now is the Middle East. The resolution of issues must be one at a time, and lets see what shall happen.
Yes really, what I said is a literal fact. The 1990s and early 2000s had far worse threats being tossed around by each other, including a blatant threat to use nuclear weapons. It was a time when the Middle East wasn't much of a battlefield for the US and when there was actual casualties and naval standoffs.

Dec 2015
USA
While a part of Russia ....Chechnya can possibly make a name for itself. Although facing issues Chechnya has rebuilt itself after a recent war torn period..I was taken back by traditions meeting with modern culture in Chechnya.

Dec 2015
USA
I do like the headscarves these women wear. It is like fashion in its own right.
They look nice , agreed^

Chechnya is facing issues but the country stands out to me...these are not Arab or African folks but one could perhaps say Eastern Europeans and most of them are Muslim. Btw many brave Chechen's fought for the Soviet Union in WW2 , the country has an interesting history.

Jul 2014
Pilipinas
the melting pot of East and west civilizations might be the next superpower.it is not by might but by the good wills of all nations guided by Supreme Creator.

Oct 2013
Canada
A superpower requires being the strongest military power, and that is measured by projection and reach. It does not seem like China wants to have this power. China has been masterly freeloading on the safe sea lanes guaranteed by the US navy and China does not want to take the mantle of superpower as it will require policing the world. It cost a lot of money.

Similar History Discussions