Who will be the next rising superpower

Oct 2013
Canada
Japan needs no motivation. They already have the superior navy in Asia and they have the backing of the U.S.A.

It is highly likely they will outdistance China in the future.
Hopefully with your messianic guidance, the unintelligent Chinese could reach half the capability of Japan by 2100.

---

How will Japan become a superpower? If it has the superior navy in Asia, instead of the world, and being backed up by the US instead of backing up the world like the US does, how is it that Japan will be a superpower? That position remains at the hands of the US. What trends, data, statistics, and motivations (yes this is needed) could you bring up substantiate this claim?

Last edited:

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
Japan needs no motivation. They already have the superior navy in Asia and they have the backing of the U.S.A.

It is highly likely they will outdistance China in the future.
you see, since you mentioned, i believe none of the allies of US could become a superpower. because the success of US relies on one fact, that it dominates the alliance. the US would do everything to prevent one of its allies becoming a superpower, whatever the "super" part is on economics or on military.
the economics story already had happened for japan decades before.

but it does not matter. japan can hardly be a superpower due to its population problem--the bottleneck. it is one country that gov pays large amount of money to encourage ... sex...and ...children... unlike northern european countries, japan is too close to other heavily populated countries who put intensive competition with it

Last edited:
Mar 2013
the Nile to the Euphrates
While a part of Russia ....Chechnya can possibly make a name for itself. Although facing issues Chechnya has rebuilt itself after a recent war torn period..I was taken back by traditions meeting with modern culture in Chechnya.

It looks like I underestimated the efficiency of the RT channel propaganda.

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
you see, since you mentioned, i believe none of the allies of US could become a superpower. because the success of US relies on one fact, that it dominates the alliance. the US would do everything to prevent one of its allies becoming a superpower, whatever the "super" part is on economics or on military.
the economics story already had happened for japan decades before.

but it does not matter. japan can hardly be a superpower due to its population problem--the bottleneck. it is one country that gov pays large amount of money to encourage ... sex...and ...children... unlike northern european countries, japan is too close to other heavily populated countries who put intensive competition with it
I have different point of view on that aspect. I agree that Japan cannot attain the superpower status, but Britain can be back in the game as an ally of the U.S. in view of its connection to its former colonies, namely Australia, Canada and South Africa which are strategically located globally.

So, I don't see the alliance with the U.S. as hindrance because it is actively sharing military technologies and intelligence with the U.K. than any of its ally. Hence, just in case it falters as a superpower, another anglophone is going to take it, just like the way the British Empire was succeeded by the U.S. as the new anglophone power.

The reason of which is the American interest can still be protected because of the similarities in ideology and cultural makeup of them, like the concept about government, their laws on trading and maritime rules, and the interconnection of their respective corporation which share their bases either in New York or London.

That is true with the British Empire, that the U.S. gives it heavy support and that alliance is very evident with the most recent Briexit political and economic phenomenon among the Western nations.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
So, I don't see the alliance with the U.S. as hindrance because it is actively sharing military technologies and intelligence with the U.K. than any of its ally. Hence, just in case it falters as a superpower, another anglophone is going to take it, just like the way the British Empire was succeeded by the U.S. as the new anglophone power.
with the US-UK cooperation, the UK military power, though still maintains a top rank one among world powers, has serious problems. for example, they don't even have enough ships in the navy now!
the US is not afraid to aid UK now, because 1. UK does have some first class abilities, like the plane engines. UK is powerful enough to be treated nicely 2. although UK has lots of oversea bases, just after US, but it is no longer practically a global military power. UK does not challenge US globally 3. UK is a necessary chess piece to play with EU, though EU share the similar ideology with US, EU is quite independent in recent years, and EU is tended to go even more competitive against US in the long term.

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
with the US-UK cooperation, the UK military power, though still maintains a top rank one among world powers, has serious problems. for example, they don't even have enough ships in the navy now!
the US is not afraid to aid UK now, because 1. UK does have some first class abilities, like the plane engines. UK is powerful enough to be treated nicely 2. although UK has lots of oversea bases, just after US, but it is no longer practically a global military power. UK does not challenge US globally 3. UK is a necessary chess piece to play with EU, though EU share the similar ideology with US, EU is quite independent in recent years, and EU is tended to go even more competitive against US in the long term.
Yes, the number of ships of U.K. is very clear that they are out rank by nations like China or even Russia on that aspect. There is really that deficiency on the part of U.K. even in terms of number of army.

But I am contemplating of a situation wherein, the U.S. collapse shall be in view of natural disaster which shall hit a large part of its territory such as massive volcanic eruption or heavy meteoric explosion. Those are the possible reasons of the U.S. losing their superpower status. Under such circumstance, the existing military equipment of it like its fleets on patrol shall still be very effective, but since they don't have the money to maintain that, it is most likely that they shall augment the military arsenal of the U.K. in view of their history of cooperation and sharing of military tactics and machines of war.

It is my perception that the American dominance in the world shall remain for the next days to come because its destruction can only occur by way of fortuitous events that I mentioned as examples but not because its economy weaken because it has all the power to use its available resources to stay on top like its fuel reserves and the available technology it possess.

The possible emergence of the U.K. however shall be realized due to support by those countries that I mentioned in view of the necessity to likewise protect their interests. The EU cannot be a better ally of the Australians or the Canadians when compared to their relationship with the U.K. because they are truly going to compete with each other. The U.S., the U.K. and the rest of the Anglophones are actually competing with with EU as you aptly pointed out. In fact comes the time that EU nations shall be more cohesive, they are more potent rival of the U.S. than Russia or even China.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
because you weren't fighting super entities like Russia or strong nations. You were fighting countries reduced by war and on considerable economic sanction. Even after that the NATO forces had the number advantage in both Iraqi war and Gulf war. Britain does not even have the industrial capacity to sustain the level of mechanized and automated weapons as India does leave alone china. I am just calling bulshit on it. I am an Electrical Engineer this is what I do drones and computer vision. China and USA are at the forefront of automation British industry is not even 1/10 th of their size. Infact India has a better automation and AI industry when compared to Britain.
Neither the first nor second Gulf Wars were NATO affairs.

Jun 2012
Malaysia
Yes, the number of ships of U.K. is very clear that they are out rank by nations like China or even Russia on that aspect. There is really that deficiency on the part of U.K. even in terms of number of army.
Number of UK army is one. They hv only one army. Not two, not three, but only one. So does China & Russia. The both of them hv only one army.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions