Who would you have supported in the American Revolutionary War?

Who would you have supported in the American Revolutionary War?

• The US/Americans

• Britain/the UK

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 2016
Georgia
It wasn't my ''take'' that Jay was referring to Mazarin and Little Louis

I got it from a book written by so-called "scholar," a chaired professor.
And his footnote is the journal of the Convention, probably keeps those in the scholar "archives."
LOL.
(Let me guess, you want his name, so you can tell me his not a real scholar or has the wrong bias because it varies from yours).

Why don't you illuminate us? What did John Jay it really meant? Who was he referring to?
It was your take, not mine. Are you crazy or what ?

It was you, who came here and started talking about Louis XIV being weak and some John Jay's quote. As Mastersonmcvoidson said : ,, We are not making the claim, we don't need to ''enlighten'' anyone in this case. Maybe he was referring to the princes and priests in general? Who knows. ''

Are you 15 years old or something ? What is with all ,, has the wrong bias because it varies from yours '' ?

Last edited:

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Some of this seems off topic about France.

I like the Revolution moving to a more republican and democratic system. It had great leaders like Jefferson and Franklin.

The Declaration of Independence was obviously dishonest, trying to make George III into a tyrant, when he was a constitutional monarch. The tax issues were also ridiculous.

I agree with the Tory side on some of the real issues like westward expansion and opposition to the Anglican Church.