Why are people all over the world angry that Trump is president when he is not their president?

Status
Closed
May 2019
Utah
Aside from the bad things about him, Trump is president of the USA not of the entire world so why are so many people from other countries angry that he got elected and are acting as if he got elected as leader of their country?

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Without getting into the rights and wrongs of those actions, the actions of the US affect many in other countries, whether it’s by tariffs or immigration policies or whatever. MAGA is probably at the expense of somebody else. And to some extent the US has put itself on a pedestal as a land of freedom and opportunity. I realise that discussing Trump himself will quickly lead us into contemporary politics but from outside the US he seems a slightly unusual character. To put it mildly.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
People all over the world have no feelings about the PM of Andorra, don't even know who is he. As his actions/Andorra's policy has extremely little relevance on their lives.

On the other hand, US has such a predominance in the world that it's policies, the personality of POTUS (whoever and however he is) have a deep and direct impact.

So the reactions are more than logical.

Mar 2016
Australia
Because they disagree with his politics, but are too ignorant of non-US politics to have anything else to discuss. It's easier to agree with "ORANGE MAN BAD!!" than actually develop a more nuanced understanding of geopolitics than aren't strictly related to the US.

Jul 2014
world
Aside from the bad things about him, Trump is president of the USA not of the entire world so why are so many people from other countries angry that he got elected and are acting as if he got elected as leader of their country?
I didn't see Chinese getting angry when he as elected nor the Russians nor the Indians. That's like half of the world.

I actually like Trump but don't agree with some of his policies. He is doing what he think is the best for USA and that is an honourable thing. I

Status
Closed