Why are there wasp, black and latinos forums in US?

Chlodio

Ad Honorem
Aug 2016
Dispargum
How do the Congregational Black Caucus and Congressional Hispanic Caucus fit into your scheme? Imposed or self-chosen?
I guess you're asking this question because the Congressional Black Caucus has banned membership of non-blacks. I'm not going to answer because I see this line of questioning going to places that are no good.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
I guess you're asking this question because the Congressional Black Caucus has banned membership of non-blacks. I'm not going to answer because I see this line of questioning going to places that are no good.
Non-blacks are literally banned? I didn't know that. I shall have to look that up.

I agree answers would go places that are no good, but that is the nature of the question. I shall exit the thread.

Last edited:
Jun 2017
Connecticut
The point of a caucus is to count people of a group. There's all sorts of caucuses and besides the racial ones i doubt any are asked why they don't allow people to join who aren't the thing the caucus is(even though some of those things are more arbitrary)?

But per the CBC officially banning there was a movement the last few years of some white people pretending they were black the most notable of whom was the leader of an NAACP branch. So the ban seems targeted or there would have been no need to officially clarify. I mean pretty sure a pretty large share of the CBC is half white or not entirely black same with the CHC and hispanics(hispanics by definition are hard to define). It's clearly not about hate as it is reaffirming what should have been obvious without being stated.

Last edited:
Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
Im my mixed up family tree, the Anglo-Saxon portion rather quickly merged with Scotch-Irish, Germans, and Scandinavians, with a pinch of Dutch and French Huguenot. This latter mostly into cousin lineages. So what ethnic forum am I supposed to join, ha ha!

Last edited:
Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
Im my mixed up family tree, the Anglo-Saxon portion rather quickly merged with Scotch-Irish, Germans, and Scandinavians, with a pinch of Dutch and French Huguenot. This latter mostly into cousin lineages. So what ethnic forum am I supposed to join, ha ha!
in Pashtun/Afghan culture, you take your identity from your paternal lineage. if your surname is English then you are English according to our laws, even if you have other ancestries.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
in Pashtun/Afghan culture, you take your identity from your paternal lineage. if your surname is English then you are English according to our laws, even if you have other ancestries.
So there are laws regarding how one can consider their lineage or ancestors? (or do you mean customs and norms?)

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
So there are laws regarding how one can consider their lineage or ancestors? (or do you mean customs and norms?)
yes, in order to be a pashtun one must have a paternal lineage to any pashtun tribe that dwells in greater Afghanistan region. we are masculine people so only Paternal lineage is considered Valied here, generally we prefer to not marry outside our tribe as well. if a person who's from a afghan tribe and marries a non pashtun tribal women say punjabi his sons will be afghan. but if a person who marries a pashtun women and cycle keep repeating for centuries still his descendants wont be considered as part of pashtun race because they are not from any pashtun tribe paternally.

Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
Well, if I go by my father, then I would be Norwegian. But he deserted the family when I was a teenager, and I don't have any communication with that side of the family. Luckily, I joined Ancewstry.com and managed to put together my family tree. And when it comes to my family tree, I am much more impressed with my direct maternal branch that goes back to William-the-Conqueror and Charlemagne!

Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
Yeah, well my past ancestral lines really don't mean much to me. My relatives never liked me much. So I am not much interested in past connections except as an arms length story.