why arent Iranians and Afghans etc ashamed of being muslim,

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Religion being a great mystery to me, I can't understand why so many people enslave themselves to a series of fairy stories, or 'rules' made up by someone else and interpreted thousands of times over.

Seems to be all 3 Abrahamic religions are basically very intolerant (or have been) of people who don't want to join, or want to leave, their 'club'.
Any religion can be intolerant. In recent years, Hindus have displayed intolerance against Muslims the Gujarat riots and other incidences. Dr. Wendy Doniger's book was banned and burned under pressure from Hindus

Some Buddhist groups such as the Sri Lanka Body Bala Sena are as intolerant as many other religious groups. And many Burma (Mynmar) Buddhist seem intolerant toward Muslim. And Shinto hasn't been known for its tolerance, no worse than other religions but not particularly better either. Ashoka had 18,000 Jains killed because one Jain drew a picture he felt was disrespectful of Buddha, and had another Jain burned alive. (Per the Ashokavadana)

Iran has been Muslim.as long as it had been Zoarastrian, so at which point what can truly be considered to be more "native"?

Last edited:
Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Any religion can be intolerant. In recent years, Hindus have displayed intolerance against Muslims the Gujarat riots and other incidences. Dr. Wendy Doniger's book was banned and burned under pressure from Hindus

Some Buddhist groups such as the Sri Lanka Body Bala Sena are as intolerant as many other religious groups. And many Burma (Mynmar) Buddhist seem intolerant toward Muslim. And Shinto hasn't been known for its tolerance, no worse than other religions but not particularly better either. Ashoka had 18,000 Jains killed because one Jain drew a picture he felt was disrespectful of Buddha, and had another Jain burned alive. (Per the Ashokavadana)

Iran has been Muslim.as long as it had been Zoarastrian, so at which point what can truly be considered to be more "native"?
thats not "religion being intolerant" thats people being intolerant.
religion can only be said intolerant if
1) Religion prescribes to that kind of violence
and
2) People who commit that violence,attribute that action to that religious teachings.

Both of these are absent in case of hindus and buddhist.
neither hinduism or buddhism prescribes for killing of infidels,simply because they are infidels,heck i don't think hinduism even support blashphemy laws.

Gujarat riot was reaction by hindus to killing of hindus by muslims in godhra train burning,if there was a religious angle it was due to muslims issuing religious angle not hindus.
same goes for myanmaar buddhist,muslims demanded separate homeland on basis of religion,the majority buddhist didn't like the prospect of dividing the land to minorites,this was followed with riots and death on both sides,but since muslims lack in number and manpower they die more,a lot more.

and buddhism too doesn't support punishment for blashphemy.

I think you should change your statement to "everybody regardless of religion or lack of thereof(like LGM) can be violent or intolerant"

and i agree with your last statement,quite completely infact.

I hope so . Do you know why so many Iranians go to Azerbaijan for holidays ?

.... and the booze
Lol

Well this is it, the Far Right have everyone sitting here thinking all Middle Eastern's are turban wearing extremists but I've been there a few times and as you say most are just normal people who want all the same sorts of things every other human wants.

The extremists are called that for a reason ........... they're the minority.

There is intolerance in every society, but they are not the majority unless you go to Pakistani or Afghan villages who live like its the 17th Century.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Lol

Well this is it, the Far Right have everyone sitting here thinking all Middle Eastern's are turban wearing extremists but I've been there a few times and as you say most are just normal people who want all the same sorts of things every other human wants.

The extremists are called that for a reason ........... they're the minority.

There is intolerance in every society, but they are not the majority unless you go to Pakistani or Afghan villages who live like its the 17th Century.

Well said ! The majority want nothing to do with extremism. One 'far-righter' here demanded to know what Muslims wanted in Australia , one spoke up for them ; a good life, happiness safety and security for their family and children .... just like 98% of the population.

To most of them, extremism, although a serious problem, is ridiculous .

Jun 2012
Malaysia
What's the singer repeatedly saying in that Azerbaijan club video, in the first part of it. Sounds to me like, 'Jurassic', 'Jurassic', 'Jurassic' ...

Last edited:
Aug 2011
Sweden
Well said ! The majority want nothing to do with extremism. One 'far-righter' here demanded to know what Muslims wanted in Australia , one spoke up for them ; a good life, happiness safety and security for their family and children .... just like 98% of the population.

Yes, of course non of the immigrants wants to live by sharia law...

Dec 2018
Bharat

https://www.rt.com/news/422563-saudi-wahhabism-western-countries/ , Terriorism is always been a child of US/UK/Isreal/Saudis

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Bharat

Gujarat riots happened because a train was burned causing death of Hindu piligrims ,
On the morning of 27 February 2002, the sabarmati returning from Ayodhya to Ahmedabad, stopped near the Godhra railway station. Several of the passengers were Hindu pilgrims, returning from Ayodhya after a religious ceremony at the site of the demolished Babri Masid Which in turn is the site where a RAM Temple existed at first however it was demolished by mughals. When the train was about to leave and started moving a uslim mob (Already prepared and had several kerosene and petrol tanks with them) encircled the train and then started pelting stones continuously, later they used petrol and kerosene to torch the train and hence the people alive. However the train driver started the train again and crossed some 200-400 meter distance when someone pulled the chain again and it was again encircled by muslim mob, who again torched a coach occupied by Kar Sevaks, they torched the coach and shut the doors from the outside and locked the people inside using iron wires, at least 100 Kar Sevaks were burnt alive by the muslim mob. This then triggered the Riots which instigated the violence and riots ,

Dec 2018
Bharat
The problem is that Aryans are not Indians. They came from outside. They imposed caste system upon Indians like you. So how could you be any different from the Iranians and the Afghans who got Islam from the Arabs?

You claiming Aryans are Indians just doesn't cut it. Historians state that they are outsiders. Only Hindu extremists claim that Aryans are Indians, because they want to whitewash Hinduism by eliminating its origin by foreigners.

Also you are mixing up religion and mythology, and fabricating history to whitewash Hinduism. My recommendation is to start by reading history books written by academics to clear up such confusion, and stop listening to Hindu extremists.

So? My question was: Do you want to make Sati legal?
I don't read books written by Jew worshipping Anglo-Saxon apes, nor I listen to anyone .

Sati only existed in myths, Satiisnt prevalent in India as it is made out to be,

Aryans = Enlightened beings in same level as God's a slave like u will never understand it.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions