why arent Iranians and Afghans etc ashamed of being muslim,

thats YOUR belief,not belief of germanic people or anybody who is not a hindu.
And according to hindu belief all current humans are descendent of manu of the flood,so your statement makes even less sense....

Nope, The descendant of 7th Manu was progenetor of Suryavanshi who worshipped sun god and chandravanshi not all humanity

Vasishta and Vishwamitra - Indian Mythology

The sacred calf then grew angry. Its wrath was terrible to behold. With eyes reddened by anger, howling with rage, it attacked the troops of Vishwamitra. From her tail, showers of burning coal shot out and burned many an unwary soldiers. In an instant, a vast army emerged from her body. The Pallavas emerged from her tail, from her udders the army of Dravidas and Sakas came forth. Her womb gave birth to an army of Yavanas (greeks), and from her dung, the Savaras emerged. From her urine came an army of Kanchis. The froth from her mouth gave rise to a host of Paundras and Kiratas and many other barbarous tribes.

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Nope, The descendant of 7th Manu was progenetor of Suryavanshi who worshipped sun god and chandravanshi not all humanity

Vasishta and Vishwamitra - Indian Mythology

The sacred calf then grew angry. Its wrath was terrible to behold. With eyes reddened by anger, howling with rage, it attacked the troops of Vishwamitra. From her tail, showers of burning coal shot out and burned many an unwary soldiers. In an instant, a vast army emerged from her body. The Pallavas emerged from her tail, from her udders the army of Dravidas and Sakas came forth. Her womb gave birth to an army of Yavanas (greeks), and from her dung, the Savaras emerged. From her urine came an army of Kanchis. The froth from her mouth gave rise to a host of Paundras and Kiratas and many other barbarous tribes.
Manvantara - Wikipedia
not according to this.

Aug 2011
Sweden
May be what you call as universe is what believers call God , If u being programmed with millions of blood cells and organs be conscious of yourself . why cant the Universe be Conscious with millions of beings and life forms that would be fascinating isnt it.
No problem. Of course there must be some sort of life force behind it all. But no need for religious dogma. The question for me was creationism and all the limitations that go with it.

why arent Iranians and Afghans etc ashamed of being muslim, as they are being converted by sword and Invasion
I'm surprised this thread wasn't just deleted such is the base ridiculousness of this question.

Why aren't Germans ashamed at being Christian as they were converted by sword and invasion also?

You do realise every Iranian and Afghan "etc" have been free to choose their religion as individuals ever since right?

I can't believe I just had to explain that someone.

Aug 2011
Sweden
To get an understanding of your position, do you believe in God or Gods.

Our world sees a diversity of viewpoints when it comes to religion. A person whom believes in Evolution and that the Bible or Quran is filled with myths can not prove their position, that much is certain. If anything if you are a Atheist or a skeptic, then how can you come to the conclusion that the Bible is a myth, that the Quran is a myth...if anything would you not entertain the idea that one of the worlds major religions has got it all right? To accept only one idea in this case Evolution seems to go against Atheism.

I profoundly am surprised at your last comment. You have a huge misunderstanding of my views I previously stated I take no more or less offense at those whom claim evolution compared to those Christians or Hindus of the world whom believe a higher power has created everything.

I dont use words like evolution or Creationist I would label myself as a Christian. The issue is that some people whom identify as so called Evolutionists are also anti religion, so I disassociate myself with such a word. I do not subscribe to the beliefs of Atheist or Theist bigots. There is no need for one to take offense at a religious or non religious pov when it comes to the origin of life or any topic for that matter. I answered the question you asked about evolution. Humans have continuously come up with theories and ideas one of them evolution. There is more work to be done though to get at the origin of human life, as there are unexplored areas of our world and other worlds.
What is God then? I call it a sort of neutral life force. God is not the Bible. Man is the Bible. Mankind's modern relation to the idea of evolution is totally different from his petrified relation to the Bible. I leave the topic here. But I find it encouraging if Christian believers embrace new ideas.

Jun 2012
Malaysia
Well, When u lose Ancestral Religion, U lose a thing called Identity, culture ,Civilization and try to imitate other races like a cheap copy
Dude. I hope I'm wrong, but you sound like another staunch Hindu supremacist. You're not going to last long in this forum if you stay on behaving this way.

Judaism, Christianity & Islam are all ancestral religions. They or their roots go all the way back up to Abraham, maybe also way earlier. Who are you to decide what is ancestral, and what is not. Maybe you are absolutely convinced that you alone hv the monopoly on the interpretation of the term ancestral, I guess.

As for conversion, almost all religions I know allow it.

Identity? That changes & evolves all the time, dude. Nobody's identity, no tribe's identity, no nation's identity, remains constant foerever. Punjabi are different. Bengali are different. Gujarati are different. So are Kashmiri, Telugu, Kannada, Kerala, Malabar, Deccan, Tamil etc. So, now, tell me, what is your description of Indian identity.

Civilisation? Culture? Both Christianity & Islam first sprang in West Asia. But when Europeans embraced Christianity & when some South-East Asians embraced Islam, neither of them converted to West Asian civilisation or culture.

And how can you be so completely sure that Hinduism is ancestral to India & India alone.

Last edited:
Aug 2011
Sweden
I'm surprised this thread wasn't just deleted such is the base ridiculousness of this question.

Why aren't Germans ashamed at being Christian as they were converted by sword and invasion also?

You do realise every Iranian and Afghan "etc" have been free to choose their religion as individuals ever since right?

I can't believe I just had to explain that someone.
Are Iranian muslims free to leave their religion?

Are Iranian muslims free to leave their religion?
You've been watching too much Fox News.

How are they not?

Its not the third world "sh*t hole" you may think it is, I have plenty of Iranian friends and they do as they please, there is issues with religious police but they basically just make sure people in general are not drunk on the streets or women behaving "inappropriately" however you don't have to practice Islam, you could be a Christian, what are they going to do put you in jail? I know some Iranians who have a Jewish background.

So the answer to your question is yes, you don't have to be muslim.

Aug 2011
Sweden
You've been watching too much Fox News.

How are they not?

Its not the third world "sh*t hole" you may think it is, I have plenty of Iranian friends and they do as they please, there is issues with religious police but they basically just make sure people in general are not drunk on the streets or women behaving "inappropriately" however you don't have to practice Islam, you could be a Christian, what are they going to do put you in jail? I know some Iranians who have a Jewish background.

So the answer to your question is yes, you don't have to be muslim.
Sorry, but I don't have Fox News channel. You misunderstood me, my question regarding the Iranians is because they tend to be more "modern minded" than their neighbours, despite living in a dictatorship. Give me some examples of people inside Iran who LEFT Islam for some other religion or atheism. Not people who were born inside any religion. The existence of a religious police is so sad.

Sorry, but I don't have Fox News channel. You misunderstood me, my question regarding the Iranians is because they tend to be more "modern minded" than their neighbours, despite living in a dictatorship. Give me some examples of people inside Iran who LEFT Islam for some other religion or atheism. Not people who were born inside any religion. The existence of a religious police is so sad.
Its the same in Saudi, you don't have to be Muslim but it is a muslim country and so the laws do have religious aspects in them.

Iranian teenagers hold secret parties and act just like Western teens do, they're just not free to do it in the streets.

The only reason they live in a dictatorship is because America and they're Iranian religious rabble rousers had a secret op against the Shah of Perisa who was a moderate.

You'd of been shocked at how forward thinking Iran was under the Shah back in the 60's & 70's etc

Similar History Discussions