Why can't pro-communist people simply accept that communism doesn't work?

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
I suppose we are all Communists in our young age, Capitalists in our early and late middle ages, Anarchists in our old age.
Indeed.

There is an aphorism; If you are not a communist at 20, you have no heart. If you remain a communist at 40, you have no head.

And a favourite; Youth and enthusiasm will always be beaten by old age and treachery.

All time favourite: All generalisations are lies.

Sep 2012
India
Communism requires that human beings become united in brotherhood and behave altruistically when in reality, humans are selfish. There is, of course, such a thing as excessive selfishness which leads to the poorer sections of a society revolting against the better off sections. But instances of excessive selfishness leading to genuine revolutions are i) the French revolution ii) The Russian Revolution of 1905.
The ideal stage of a Communist Society comes when each one works according to his ability and gets according to his/her needs. But who is going to decide the abilities of everyone and the needs as well? There the Communist Party apparatchiks come in. And the ideal stage is gone replaced by a huge Concentration Camp.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Russian Federation
You really know nigh to nothing about human nature, do you? I'm pretty sure if you take a nomad to cold, dark USSR and make him work 40 hrs a week, he would more likely commit suicide than feel like a sultan.
thanks for fun man. approve it as former ussr citizen.

p.s. some jobs demanded 6 days 8 hrs work plus overtime. all jobs - participation in communist marches during free time. donations to party, to trade union, to poor friend countries of soviet russia, to employer organisation events, and hell knows what else. u could buy slightly more than nothing on your salary cause of deficit and black market prices. year after bedouin would curse allah and start drink vodka wishing live fast die young

Last edited:
Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
I suppose we are all Communists in our young age, Capitalists in our early and late middle ages, Anarchists in our old age.
I don't know about that. I was an anarchist until I figured out that for an anarchic society to work, it would have to be a totalitarian society where people automatically "do right" without laws or police--in other words a perfect tyranny. A society of the ant hill.

In my old age, I've become an "The world is going to hell but I don't give a * * * * because I'm old and will die soon" ist.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Russian Federation
ussr was bunch of national states made to live under communist rule. also china, vietnam, kambodja, east europe, africa - all communist regimes ended in poverty famine. fools say give it a try, we had not capitalist advantages like computers, robots, internet. the fact u borrow from opponent system means your failed.

Similar History Discussions