Why did most of India's Muslims not emigrate following Partition?

Status
Closed

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Religious tensions, violence and stuff. Similar to the recent clashes in India between RSS and Muslims.
RSS?

What's your last name? lol
I'm not going to say such information. Not in public, and not at this point in time in any case. What I will say is that if you'll look at the Holocaust victims for the town of Sarny in western Ukraine, you are likely to find dozens of people with my own last name. :( Seriously; I mean it. :(

Aug 2019
United States
Lol! That site is marketing countries that hardly tourists go to. Have never met one who went to Pakistan as a tourist.

You could be right on getting a Pakistani visa, but I think you are wrong in saying that Pakistan can discriminate one American against another American depending on his place of birth. I doubt US state department would allow such behavior.
I'm not sure cause I know India has the process for Pakistani origin people, I've heard of many cases where people have been denied a visa for having a Pakistani parent/grandparent.
Obama did go to Pakistan lol although that decades ago. If you're interested you should check out Mark Weins food tour of Pakistan, he's American and traveled the length and breadth of the country just to experience the cuisine.

Reactions: Futurist
Aug 2019
United States
RSS?

I'm not going to say such information. Not in public, and not at this point in time in any case. What I will say is that if you'll look at the Holocaust victims for the town of Sarny in western Ukraine, you are likely to find dozens of people with my own last name. :( Seriously; I mean it. :(
RSS is a hardline Hindu group that Modi is part of, they now control the Indian govt and most of the Hindu middle class supports them. They're very powerful and hate minorities but especially Muslims.
Where can I find such a list?

Aug 2019
United States
What does it stand for?

I believe that Yad Vashem contains a database of all identified Holocaust victims. Here it is:

https://yvng.yadvashem.org/
Idk lol, it's in really hard hindi.

If your last name is Mir/Meer then that's a very common surname in Pakistan. I notice a lot of "Khanas" in that list, if your surname is "Khanna" then most Pakistanis know that it's a Hindu name cause people watch Bollywood lol, there are even some Pakistanis with Khanna as their surname like the musician Babar Khanna.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Idk lol, it's in really hard hindi.

If your last name is Mir/Meer then that's a very common surname in Pakistan. I notice a lot of "Khanas" in that list, if your surname is "Khanna" then most Pakistanis know that it's a Hindu name cause people watch Bollywood lol, there are even some Pakistanis with Khanna as their surname like the musician Babar Khanna.
It's not; my surname is actually very rare.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
I'm not sure cause I know India has the process for Pakistani origin people, I've heard of many cases where people have been denied a visa for having a Pakistani parent/grandparent.
Obama did go to Pakistan lol although that decades ago. If you're interested you should check out Mark Weins food tour of Pakistan, he's American and traveled the length and breadth of the country just to experience the cuisine.
India doesn't give tourist visas upon arrivals anymore, though it used to before the Khalistani rebellion. If one has to obtain a visa before travel, then the host government can make it hard to get you one or deny, as you noted. But if one gets a visa then citizens of the same country have to be treated equally once within the country. That is what I said. Pakistan is bankrupt and it wants to bring in tourist dollars. The best way is to make it easy for tourists to come. That is by issuing visas upon arrivals. No one spends more tourist money than Americans. So if Pakistan is serious that is what it has to do.

Pakistani cuisine is no different from Indian, so that doesn't sell. Sell things that add value to the tourists.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
@Abaseen: Here's the Wikipedia article for the RSS:

Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - Wikipedia

You're right; their full name is very hard to remember! Interestingly enough, they opposed the partition of India. Of course, I wonder what they would have done if India would have remained united and the Muslim percentage of the total population there would have continued to grow. This would have made it much harder for them to establish a Hindu state, would it not?

Aug 2019
United States
India doesn't give tourist visas upon arrivals anymore, though it used to before the Khalistani rebellion. If one has to obtain a visa before travel, then the host government can make it hard to get you one or deny, as you noted. But if one gets a visa then citizens of the same country have to be treated equally once within the country. That is what I said. Pakistan is bankrupt and it wants to bring in tourist dollars. The best way is to make it easy for tourists to come. That is by issuing visas upon arrivals. No one spends more tourist money than Americans. So if Pakistan is serious that is what it has to do.

Pakistani cuisine is no different from Indian, so that doesn't sell. Sell things that add value to the tourists.
Idk dude, the process is for Americans is fast and easy but like i said if you're indian origin then there's an asterisk. Pakistan has already seen a rise in tourist dollars but they obviously don't want a another Kulbashan Jhadav entering Pakistan lool. A lot of tourists like the food, they like the various regional and mughal cuisines that the country has to offer. I know many Indians like the food, especially nonvegetarian ones since india has a beef ban in place and most indian meat dishes use small servings of meat from I've heard from people that have been there. Of course food isn't the highlight, if anything the mountains, rivers and valleys and grasslands are what draws the tourists.

Status
Closed