Why did most of India's Muslims not emigrate following Partition?

Status
Closed
Aug 2019
Bengaluru, India/Sharjah, UAE
How did the Deccani Muslims come about? I mean their origins.
There is an actual video about it. But it focuses on Hyderabad more but thankfully deccanis not Nizam people.

It's very beautiful

We used to do this tradition called naqash-band with help of khusnavis qatib
of naoroz which later became nauras signifying humorously the special act that leads to next line. The navroz was a Parsi festival but they worshipped fire so I guess it transformed to something else for non-fire worshippers

This goes back to nine generations. Unfortunately it died out with my great grandparents due to modernization and loss of urdu's offical status post partition. People went like this Saban parso attitude (Day after tomorrow) which never comes and thus eventually people get tired of people not showing up to do work.

We do have one modern version of Prophet Muhammed line beautiful my grandma wouldn't lemme touch it much. I guess that's how it started inspiration. Now it's more of a Microsoft office print file that looks like a flow chart of programming lol

It's called Silsila e Virasat now but that too my grandma translates coz we ask as it's all written in English nowadays. I mean Deccanis prefer Roman script to just distinguish over standard Urdu or worse naskh for the oldies who can't read English alphabets.

Dakhini – All is just Dust and Gold

Honestly we don't much care for identity other than being of given city natively but I guess I see how identity can lead to progress for us and I found few other deccanis online doing the same.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed and oh all Deccanis are not Muslims

Aug 2019
Bengaluru, India/Sharjah, UAE
Please add "napaki" and "napakistan" to the list, it's a racial slur used for Pakistanis by other desis - it means "dirty paki".
Could you provide any dictionary references for this? It has to be in popular use and not just by few disillusioned people or so

Status
Closed