Why did Pan-Iranism never catch on?

Feb 2019
Planet Earth
View attachment 19444

I do not really think that MRP's facial features can be described as Turkic at all. They can only be described as Iranic. So are the majority of today's Iranians.

Even the Turkic speaking Western Uzbeks still majorly tend to have predominantly Iranic features, even to this day. Ditto among western Turkmen.

The Turkic look, specifically the CA Turkic look, only appears more prevalent on the eastern sides, where the Iranic local populations were relatively much sparser during the waves of earliest & subsequent Turkic arrivals.

The hybrid Irano-Turkic look kind of appears in many regions, though.
What are Turkic facial features anyway?
The Hazaras are Persian speakers but look way more more East-Asian than most Turkic-speakers.

Jun 2012
Malaysia
What are Turkic facial features anyway?
The Hazaras are Persian speakers but look way more more East-Asian than most Turkic-speakers.
By my perception, based on my readings thus far, the original CA Turkic look is exemplified by such people like the Kazakh, the Uighur & perhaps the Kyrghiz.

The Hazara then to me would be the ethno-linguistic opposite of the Western Uzbek & Western Turkmen, i. e. speaking an Iranic language but looking more like an Eastern Asiatic or Eastern Turkic people.

While the Anatolian Turks are now far different looking from their original CA Turkic ancestors from CA, having been much Iranised, Anatolianised & to some extent even Europeanised.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Planet Earth
By my perception, based on my readings thus far, the original CA Turkic look is exemplified by such people like the Kazakh, the Uighur & perhaps the Kyrghiz.

The Hazara then to me would be the ethno-linguistic opposite of the Western Uzbek & Western Turkmen, i. e. speaking an Iranic language but looking more like an Eastern Asiatic or Eastern Turkic people.

While the Anatolian Turks are now far different looking from their original CA Turkic ancestors from CA, having been much Iranised, Anatolianised & to some extent even Europeanised.
Kyrgyz and Kazakh look most east Asian among Central Asian Turkic people I think, but it could be Mongol influence. Uighurs less so.

Apr 2015
India
Kyrgyz and Kazakh look most east Asian among Central Asian Turkic people I think, but it could be Mongol influence. Uighurs less so.
Central Asia was inhabited by various Iranic tribes until the region was overrun by the Turkic tribes in medieval era, the current population is the mixed of Iranic-Turkic people.

Aug 2015
Slovenia
Pan-Slavism had some temporary successes with the unification of the South Slavs, Czechs and Slovaks, and East Slavic peoples into Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, and the Soviet Union, respectively. Of course, all of these countries ultimately collapsed and broke up.

Pan-Germanism also had some temporary successes under Hitler but ended up being reversed after Germany's defeat in WWII.
Pan-Germanism was more successful under German empire. Russian branch of pan-Slavism is still operating and well. Russia is today a multi culti and national empire.

May 2014
SoCal
View attachment 19444

I do not really think that MRP's facial features can be described as Turkic at all. They can only be described as Iranic. So are the majority of today's Iranians.

Even the Turkic speaking Western Uzbeks still majorly tend to have predominantly Iranic features, even to this day. Ditto among western Turkmen.

The Turkic look, specifically the CA Turkic look, only appears more prevalent on the eastern sides, where the Iranic local populations were relatively much sparser during the waves of earliest & subsequent Turkic arrivals.

The hybrid Irano-Turkic look kind of appears in many regions, though.
Who is MRP?

Similar History Discussions