Why did women with titles and properties in England want to get married before 19th Century?

Jan 2019
London, United Kingdom
You're making up even wilder fantasies than usual.

So you've got a list of impoverished upper-class male prostitutes? Looking forward to that...
Tell me why that is a fantasy. You seem to be underestimating lawyers' intelligence.
And you can't tell the difference between a male lover and a male prostitute.

Jan 2015
MD, USA
Tell me why that is a fantasy. You seem to be underestimating lawyers' intelligence.
And you can't tell the difference between a male lover and a male prostitute.
What's the point? We've been through dozens of pages on multiple threads telling you that life in the past was VERY DIFFERENT from modern Hollywood society, and you not only refuse to believe it, but keep making up more and more bizarre fictional scenarios. And every time we tell you why those scenarios are fictional and could not happen, and you ignore us and insist that black was white and round was square. You even got suspended for it, but here you are, blasting the same silliness. Why are you even posting on a history forum, when you fight so hard against learning the smallist bit of history?

And it was YOU who made up the idea of a woman taking a lover and *paying* him, which is the definition of prostitution. Or have I greatly erred in interpreting your smooth and erudite prose?

Matthew