Why did WW2 Japan adopt a rimless, British .303?

Status
Closed

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
I suspect @Naomasa298 isn't making arguments he truly takes seriously, but thanks.
And I suspect you don't know what you're talking about, given that you have so far failed to come up with any evidence to provbe your assertion.

You've come up with some concept of the Japanese hating the British or the allies, and you're trying to justify it in your own head despite there being no evidence to support it.

Aug 2016
US&A
And I suspect you don't know what you're talking about, given that you have so far failed to come up with any evidence to provbe your assertion.

You've come up with some concept of the Japanese hating the British or the allies, and you're trying to justify it in your own head despite there being no evidence to support it.
Why does the definition this word, "hate", seem to be your main focus? I am failing to see it's importance in this discussion. Would you prefer the term, "strongly dislikes"? How would you differentiate the two?

Jul 2016
USA
Why does the definition this word, "hate", seem to be your main focus? I am failing to see it's importance in this discussion. Would you prefer the term, "strongly dislikes"? How would you differentiate the two?
You're the one who started that journey. You're attempting to claim that it doesn't make sense for the Japanese to copy the British because they hate/strongly dislike the British, which in of itself is false. Besides that, there is still no real indication that not liking another country is reason to not adopt something they have that works and you want. If countries only adopted new innovations for them from those they liked, WW2 would have been fought with stone weapons.

Aug 2016
US&A
You're the one who started that journey. You're attempting to claim that it doesn't make sense for the Japanese to copy the British because they hate/strongly dislike the British, which in of itself is false. Besides that, there is still no real indication that not liking another country is reason to not adopt something they have that works and you want. If countries only adopted new innovations for them from those they liked, WW2 would have been fought with stone weapons.
No, I didn't. When did I claim any of that?

Last edited:
Aug 2016
US&A
I think there is some misunderstanding here. I really don't care if Japan did or did not hate the British/allies. The anger this has spawned is baffling to me. It is also completely irrelevant here. I will not strand myself in a debate over semantics.

I have never claimed it, "made no sense", for the Japanese to essentially adopt a rimless .303. That is simply something @aggienation made up completely on his own. I simply found it odd that they would choose the caliber of their soon-to-be enemy to adopt. I used the term "hate" because that is how nation's and people willing to kill each other think. I don't care if you don't like it, that is the term 99% of people would use to describe how opposing nation's view each other just prior-to and during war time.

The idea that I, "started that journey" is laughable and bears no substance whatsoever. @Naomasa298 is the one constantly bringing up the use of the word "hate" and I see no reason not to humor him.

I have also never claimed that it's impossible that a nation would adopt its enemy's technology or ideas. There is a difference between trying to copy some highly valuable technology like the mosquito plane, and just copying the specific dimensions of a cartridge.

That's massively disingenuous, just stop before you dig a hole you can't get out of w/r/t your place in the forum; you've lost pretty much all dignity already but youre cruising to a suspension IMO.
No reason to be rude. My posts are all over this thread. If I have lied, just quote me.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
YOU emphasised its importance. In fact, that was your entire reasoning for the OP.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions